By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

Flymod has been updated.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I have been playing again recently. I started a new world for update 1.2.

I was digging around underground, and by luck my tunnel was at the same level as a pool of lava. It was the perfect height so that when I broke through it didn't come poring in, but I could still see it. I could see that there was some open space around it, so I carefully dug my way over. I popped into the open space, and saw that the lava pool was from a flow coming down a small hill. I climbed to the top and found two water flows and a lava flow all merging in one room. I could see a way out of the room on the opposite side, so I blocked off the flows so that I could continue exploring. I am glad I did.

I came out into what is best described as the underground Grand Canyon. I have never seen anything like it. To my right was a massive pool of lava lighting up the space. Even so, I could not see the end to the right, left, or even above me. It was amazing. I used water to make my way across the lava pool. As I was exploring, I noticed a strange structure along the left wall of the ravine. It was very high up, so it was difficult to see what it was in the dark. I cut a crude staircase up the wall of the ravine to make it up there. It turns out it was the entrance to an abandoned mine shaft! It was the first one that I have found.

Pretty cool stuff.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
I have been playing again recently. I started a new world for update 1.2.

I was digging around underground, and by luck my tunnel was at the same level as a pool of lava. It was the perfect height so that when I broke through it didn't come poring in, but I could still see it. I could see that there was some open space around it, so I carefully dug my way over. I popped into the open space, and saw that the lava pool was from a flow coming down a small hill. I climbed to the top and found two water flows and a lava flow all merging in one room. I could see a way out of the room on the opposite side, so I blocked off the flows so that I could continue exploring. I am glad I did.

I came out into what is best described as the underground Grand Canyon. I have never seen anything like it. To my right was a massive pool of lava lighting up the space. Even so, I could not see the end to the right, left, or even above me. It was amazing. I used water to make my way across the lava pool. As I was exploring, I noticed a strange structure along the left wall of the ravine. It was very high up, so it was difficult to see what it was in the dark. I cut a crude staircase up the wall of the ravine to make it up there. It turns out it was the entrance to an abandoned mine shaft! It was the first one that I have found.

Pretty cool stuff.

the under ground ravines and mine shaft combos are awesome looking, and a good way to get wood to stay underground. sometimes it seems the randomly generated worlds can out awesome the planed worlds of more traditional games 

also going to try and update plugins tonight/morning ment to do it last night but got caught up doing other things 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

trunkswd said:

Hey everyone! How is the server going?

I put up a video on Youtube taking a look at my very first world when the game was still in Alpha. If anyone is interested you can check it out. Also I know the builds aren't that great, but everything I built was legit. No too many items mod.

rock man, always good to share builds. server is going great, hope you drop by for a visit, we enjoy having new builders, it does get quite from time to time on the server now many of us are quite busy 

Whew, this tower is moving right along. We're set to put the ceiling on the water level and the next will probably be a snowy mountain. Don't know if we'll have room for anything on top of that though. The ceiling is around the 200 block high mark.

Around the Network

The ceiling of the water level, you mean? That still leaves around 56 blocks of space above that. Unless you build the snowy mountain level really tall, you should be able to fit at least something small above it.

If not, then it'll just have to go below it. =p

SW-5120-1900-6153

updated the server to a new bukkit build (moved from dev build to release 1) look to have the plugins updated later today... i know ive been saying that, for a few days but since i dont work tonight when i get home i can stay up to do that. 1.2.5 might be out later today if it is ill keep an eye out for a stable bukkit dev build

sorry about the unexpected down time this morning. it was created due to a move i made where static IP address handling was moved form the local computer to the router. only the minecraft tower did not take this well, it is fixed now

Been working on this most of today.

SW-5120-1900-6153

so 1.2.5 is going to be out on the 4th, i will try and update asap when its out, the bukkit guys are already working on builds

also kudos to all the cool new stuff being build on the server, its fun to tour the area and see stufff