By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

Yeah, I'm going to be finishing my city finally when the update comes out, if they get the bugs worked out in the new save file format. Finally, it'll be the truly breathtakingly towering metropolis I'd originally envisioned!

A few of my buildings I have right now will be expanded, I'm going to be redoing the Eiffel Tower to take up a full city block, and I'm going to start trying to get people to build more in the community area, since you'll finally be able to do something truly breathtaking.

I can't even begin to imagine it. Right now, I get 56 blocks to build with in my city (it's 8 blocks above sea level). This update will take that number up to 184 - MORE than TRIPLE my building range!

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Next update's newest features - upside-down stairs! Something I've been wanting for a very long time.

Simply place stairs on the underside of a block and they'll automatically orient.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

Next update's newest features - upside-down stairs! Something I've been wanting for a very long time.

Simply place stairs on the underside of a block and they'll automatically orient.

About time damnit!

Oh man, that's great!

Ugh, lots of work lately. I'll be trying to get on more soon to add more to my summer home area.

Yeah, when the new update comes out, I'm going to have a LOT of work to do, just with updating projects I've already got.

At least six towers in the tower right now will be expanded into the new height range (I'm thinking four of them up to near the limit and the other two just another 40-80 blocks or so), and I have a lot of projects that need the new staircases in the ceilings and overhangs.

And THEN I'll still have to work on my new projects.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Latest snapshot release is out. Here's me testing out the new height limit. I started at sea level and just emptied my inventory. Note the altitude - 181 - and the building in the distance? That's built up close to 128. See how much higher I am!

SW-5120-1900-6153

I think i might start a test server with this build

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I'll be back soon guys.

I've had a busy few months at work and home but I'm missing minecraft heaps.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

New server is up @port 25564 nibirucraft.dyndns.org:25564

wanting to test ram footprint

link to the minecraft client test jar http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25741521/minecraft.jar

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Built a tower to the build limit just outside of spawn, using upside-down stairs, AND an ocelot enclosure. =)

SW-5120-1900-6153