By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do the PS3 controllers hurt so damn much?

When i've played, it's felt exactly like the PS2 controller. Don't know what you're talking about.

Around the Network

It's the PS2 controller with triggers and motion sensing in some games.

=/

I always thought the PS2 controller was relatively comfy, but i hate the control sticks and the d-pad always seemed to need really hard presses to work.
Also for some reason makes my hands sweat much more than other controllers.

the PS3 one looks exactly the same.

just so i don't seem biased, i can point out flaws in other controllers too, GC to me is the comfiest controller of all the ones i have held, but the concave bit that the L/R buttons sit in is not long enough for my fingers (i do have long fingers but a bit extra would be nice)
also the D-pad is too small, (still better than most other ones like the terrible megadrive, but N64 is miles ahead)
a lot of people complained about the z-button, but i didn't find a problem with it.

PS2 controler = best controler, according to me.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

TWRoO said:
I always thought the PS2 controller was relatively comfy, but i hate the control sticks and the d-pad always seemed to need really hard presses to work.
Also for some reason makes my hands sweat much more than other controllers.

the PS3 one looks exactly the same.

just so i don't seem biased, i can point out flaws in other controllers too, GC to me is the comfiest controller of all the ones i have held, but the concave bit that the L/R buttons sit in is not long enough for my fingers (i do have long fingers but a bit extra would be nice)
also the D-pad is too small, (still better than most other ones like the terrible megadrive, but N64 is miles ahead)
a lot of people complained about the z-button, but i didn't find a problem with it.

The megadrive controller kinda grew on me :)

Although I agree compared to the current standards it's not that good

Around the Network

The PS3 controller has been fine for me so far, just like the PS2 Dualshock 2 was for me! Never had a problem with the controls so i'm not quite sure what is happening with yours anyway!

Kratos said:
PS2 controler = best controler, according to me.

last gen i also liked the ps2 controller the most but this gen i think the wii-mote is the best

when i had my ps3 i really liked the weight and the triggers, but your hands feel like shit when you finish a game. Lol

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Last gen best controller: Dualshock.....

Current gen best controller: Wiimote...

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428