.....*gets a match*

its so bright!

*lights self on fire*

SO BRIGHT!!!!!

Around the Network
Seece said:
richardhutnik said:
Seece said:

Ouch at some people making up fake convos, damn that's just sad ...

They may, but I am sure Gamestops are like this.

No really talking about the Op

And I am sure some Gamestops act like what the original post was about.

leatherhat said:
richardhutnik said:
leatherhat said:

I saw a gamestop employee actively disuading someone from buying a move, telling them to wait for kinect instead. They got the move since that what they wanted, but I was amazed at how unprofessional the employee was.

On what planet does professionalism come at minimum wage?  If Gamestop could, they would pay less than minimum wage, likely have fanboys volunteer for no pay.  I quit a Gamestop seasonal job to spend more hours doing Hickory Farms seasonal booth work.  They paid more and I got discounts on their food.  The work was more enjoyable.... this coming from someone huge into games

Maybe professional is the wrong word, but some basic customer service would be nice

That fits under professionalism.  Considering the nature of the work, and rate of pay, basic customer service is a gamble.  With Gamestop, you hope to find a good store and the people there know you. 

marciosmg said:

Im not american so I dont have bad experience on gamestop.

But I did travel to the US once and I bought my PS3 on a Gamestop.

I wanted to buy some games too and I found amazing how on both Gamestops I went they kept offering pre-owned games.

Like all the stuff I asked or mentioned they would point to a cheaper pre-owned version.

PS - It did work though. I bought 2 pre-owned games for 10 bucks less each. And they looked brand new.

So no complaints for me.

PS2 - I wish I could live in a country where I had Gamestops everywhere.

You americans are complaining with your belly full.

The real reason they try to get you to buy used is because they make more profit off of those as opposed to new games.

@ OP

I like going to Gamestop, but I hate talking to any employees there.  One woman tried to tell me I had to buy the Nav controller for Move to work.  I'm just glad I'm informed about games.  Who knows how many people she may have ripped off. 

Come to think of it, the same woman was asked how much Kinect was going to sell for.  She kept trying to avoid the answer while trying to ask him to pre-order it.  She finally told him, but he seemed turned off by the price.  Or it could have been her slow answer.

thismeintiel said:
marciosmg said:

Im not american so I dont have bad experience on gamestop.

But I did travel to the US once and I bought my PS3 on a Gamestop.

I wanted to buy some games too and I found amazing how on both Gamestops I went they kept offering pre-owned games.

Like all the stuff I asked or mentioned they would point to a cheaper pre-owned version.

PS - It did work though. I bought 2 pre-owned games for 10 bucks less each. And they looked brand new.

So no complaints for me.

PS2 - I wish I could live in a country where I had Gamestops everywhere.

You americans are complaining with your belly full.

The real reason they try to get you to buy used is because they make more profit off of those as opposed to new games.

@ OP

I like going to Gamestop, but I hate talking to any employees there.  One woman tried to tell me I had to buy the Nav controller for Move to work.  I'm just glad I'm informed about games.  Who knows how many people she may have ripped off. 

Come to think of it, the same woman was asked how much Kinect was going to sell for.  She kept trying to avoid the answer while trying to ask him to pre-order it.  She finally told him, but he seemed turned off by the price.  Or it could have been her slow answer.

Oh, I know that. Since Im a brazilian with not that much money to spare, I have to admit it I bought them

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

Here in my town I noticed Gamestops clerks are the biggest fanboys, 360 OR PS3 but they join forces when it comes down to bashing the Nintendo Wii, I convinced the Community park where I volunteer to Buy 10 Wiis for the after school program, jesus christ when my supervisor asked the clerk for 10 wiis he INSISTED that the PS3 was way better system, even when we mentioned that most of the kids were 5-9 year old he had the audacity to say "well, the ps3 is also a blu-ray and dvd player in case you want to play movies for them" we ended up buying the 10 wiis at walmart.

At my gamestop they bashed both move and kinect but after move's release they did acknowledge that move is better then wii but they still say it has no real games for it.

I asked them if move was selling and they said it was more then they expected.

wow this is still going?

Well the guy at my gamestop tried to molest me... Wanna trade?

Yes in theory GameStop employees are supposed to be more professional. But guess what? How many qualified, professional customer service representatives are gonna wanna work for peanuts for a shitty employer like GameStop? And you know GameStop is too cheap to properly train their staff. That's why you're left with a lot of shitty employees with poor customer service skills. You get what you pay for. If you want quality employees, invest in quality. I know the economy sucks right now but apparently quality workers aren't that desperate to work for near minimum wage.

I haven't bought anything from GameStop ever (I did buy a game from EB before they got bought out by GameStop). I mostly buy from Amazon and to a lesser extent eBay, Best Buy and Play-Asia (for imports). And if I ever start buying shit from GameStop, I'll order online if the game can be ordered online (not all of their stock is available for online order) so that I can do without their shitty customer service. There's nothing annoying than going into a store knowing exactly what you want and then having some fucking customer service rep trying to get you to buy something else or all this other extra shit. Fuck brick and mortar. This is why I do most of my shopping online.