By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMAA UP! 360>PS3>WII

Acevil said:
leo-j said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Remember... last week Move numbers was about few days only... this is the FIRST FULL WEEK MOVE.

Next week PS3 > ALL!!!

What makes you say next week ps3 will beat 360? 

360 sales should go down again since halo reach effect should wear off..

Ps3 boost might also lower in the same time, or they might stabilize at their current respected hardware sales. I know it will happen eventually but for some reason I don't think it will be next week. 

next week is a good bet, because it's Fifa and  PES week (atleast in germany, PES is a bit later in UK I heard), although the Reach effect might still be a bit too big

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ethomaz said:

Just curious...

Does anyone think Kinect should increase 360 sales more than GT5 on PS3?

No I highly doubt this lol

you're wrong

The 360 will handily beat the PS3 this holidays partly due to the push it gets from kinect.  The GT5 boost will last a week or 3 at best.

really? You know the future now...

mM
Lafiel said:
Acevil said:
leo-j said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Remember... last week Move numbers was about few days only... this is the FIRST FULL WEEK MOVE.

Next week PS3 > ALL!!!

What makes you say next week ps3 will beat 360? 

360 sales should go down again since halo reach effect should wear off..

Ps3 boost might also lower in the same time, or they might stabilize at their current respected hardware sales. I know it will happen eventually but for some reason I don't think it will be next week. 

next week is a good bet, because it's Fifa PES week (atleast in germany, PES is a bit later in UK I heard), although the Reach effect might still be a bit too big

When does pro evo come out in japan for ps3?

mM

did you people actually think the bump came from people who were aware or waiting for move to come out. a bump on the 2nd week is only normal.

everywhere i go i see move and people trying it out on stores. parents have to yell at the kids to drop it cause they want to go home, seriously i witnessed that...

i actually didnt expect it to apeal this much to a casual audience since motion controls arent even a new thing but they seem quite drawn to it and people tend to croud around it.

still this ps3 bump was quite a surprise to me =)

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

Just curious...

In the medium term...? absolutely.  Kinect will push much more 360's this year than GT5 does for the PS3. No question.

At release only... is the same week, no???

sorry where did it say at release in your post?

I put an edit now... my mistake.

So a new question for you: Kinect will boost 360 sales more than GT5 will boost PS3 sales on short term (release or November only)???

Middle and long term I knew  your awnser "no".

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ethomaz said:

Just curious...

you're wrong

The 360 will handily beat the PS3 this holidays partly due to the push it gets from kinect.  The GT5 boost will last a week or 3 at best.

This is a EU sales thread

I am answering him for Europe only and GT5 will boost more consoles than Kinect here. 

what? ever?  as in for the coming year?  lol... yeah ok.

Yes for the coming holiday season

For "ever" is debatable.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I agree. A suprise, but a nice one.

At least Sony are staying true to their mantra: Quality over Hype.

FYI: Here in New Zealand the move feels like it's getting some good traction with the public. Haven't seen much TV, but radio has been going hard and plenty of advertising at the movies etc. Maybe that Kevin Butler shout out to NZ helped!

-------------------------------------------------------

NB: Quality or Hype - that makes for long term gaming enjoyment.

leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ethomaz said:

Just curious...

you're wrong

really? You know the future now...

Don't think any of us need a Crystal ball to predict Black OPs diverting a lot of sales from GT5 in the month of November.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

Just curious...

In the medium term...? absolutely.  Kinect will push much more 360's this year than GT5 does for the PS3. No question.

At release only... is the same week, no???

sorry where did it say at release in your post?

I put an edit now... my mistake.

So a new question for you: Kinect will boost 360 sales more than GT5 will boost PS3 sales on short term (release or November only)???

Middle and long term I knew  your awnser "no".

im not sure of the two release dates...?

I see now Kinect launch is a week later in Europe.

GT5: November 3
Kinect: November 10

US is the same week.

Am I the only one thinking the boost has more to do with F1 2010 than Move? If next week sales return under 60k I would say I'm probably right, so we'll see.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)