By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well if this true... then explain the boost on Move, Sport Champions and PS3 this week.

http://www.gamingbits.com/sony-playstation-news-bits/playstation-move-controller-in-short-supply-initial-stock-selling-out/

Short supply.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
arcane_chaos said:

it seems some people can handle the fact that the move caused the PS3 bump....(I think one person said dead rising played a part in the PS3 boost....O_o)

I understand that multiplats do/can play apart in the rise of hardware, but I don't see how any multiplat played more of a part in moving hardware than an exclusive peripheral: with it's own games and PS3bundles

Nail on the head.

Indeed.

So its either Move availability and word of mouth is beginning in Sony's strongest markets and it is causing increased sales (likely and what i gather from both increased SC and virtually linear sale of all other move enabled games and bumps to RE and HR and increased Hardware sales)

Or.......F1 really pushed 15% consoles which then means GT5 will be big fat floppy Oprah Winfrey tits huge if F1 in September can push a 15% console increase for a multiplat game not advertised like GT.

Win for Sony no matter how people try to slice it.

If next week SC is anywhere near 60k i think it will be safe to say its well on its way to a very successful holiday. Now Sony needs to churn out SOFTWARE for Move. SC will only last so long.

From the looks of it, right now im calling John Dalys golf game the sleeper hit of the holiday for the PS3 and Move. You heard it here first, friends.

ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:

@Hyruken

UK is so different from Europe.

what do you mean exactly

Game/console sales on UK have always been different from the rest of Europe (and the World). A game/console that sells well in the UK can be failure in Europe or otherwise.

360 sells a lot better on UK but PS3 is better when Europe is the focus... so sales ranking from online stores in UK means nothing.

Exemple... Sports Champions down 12% on UK but up 15% on Europe... understand now.

UK is a unique market for games and not represent the rest of Europe (or world).

not really,

did sport champions release the same everywhere in emeaa,

there are more PS3's in the UK than any of the other big euro countries,i also think that 360/ps3 is pretty much equal in most euro countries as is the total s/ware for emeaa

Above & Beyond

ethomaz said:

Well if this true... then explain the boost on Move, Sport Champions and PS3 this week.

http://www.gamingbits.com/sony-playstation-news-bits/playstation-move-controller-in-short-supply-initial-stock-selling-out/

Short supply.

damn it I was hoping for domed news :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:

@Hyruken

what do you mean exactly

Game/console sales on UK have always been different from the rest of Europe (and the World). A game/console that sells well in the UK can be failure in Europe or otherwise.

360 sells a lot better on UK but PS3 is better when Europe is the focus... so sales ranking from online stores in UK means nothing.

Exemple... Sports Champions down 12% on UK but up 15% on Europe... understand now.

UK is a unique market for games and not represent the rest of Europe (or world).

not really,

there are more PS3's in the UK than any of the other big euro countries,i also think that 360/ps3 is pretty much equal in most euro countries as is the total s/ware for emeaa

Same day.... September 17th.

And it's not true... just in UK 360 > PS3... in others EU countries PS3 >>>> 360... PS3 total software on EMEAA has 5 million lead over 360 with almost 1,5 years less.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:

@Hyruken

what do you mean exactly

not really,

And it's not true... just in UK 360 > PS3... in others EU countries PS3 >>>> 360... PS3 total software on EMEAA has 5 million lead over 360 with almost 1,5 years less.

more PS3 s/w sold in uk than other big euro countries so what,

japan is a unique market not the UK

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:

@Hyruken

what do you mean exactly

not really,

For me and for a lot of people in vgchartz UK is a unique market... so different from Europe.

Sales chartz prove this week after week.

zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:
ethomaz said:

@Hyruken

what do you mean exactly

not really,

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 30th Oct 2005 to 25th Sep 2010:

Console PS3 X360
Total Others
UK
France
Germany
Spain
Italy
Scandinavia
Other Europe
Australia

Formatted for easy copy & paste into spreadsheets and other websites!

Took me literally 30 seconds. UK 360 > PS3 by 2 million yet EMEAA tied....how do you interperate that as PS3 = 360? Also, the base of UK compared to France and Spain along negates one another. Seriously, youre not going to win this, you cant extrapolate UK sales to EMEAA.

steverhcp02 said:

in uk than other big euro countries so what,

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 30th Oct 2005 to 25th Sep 2010:

Console PS3 X360
Total Others
UK
France
Germany
Spain
Italy
Scandinavia
Other Europe
Australia

Formatted for easy copy & paste into spreadsheets and other websites!

Took me literally 30 seconds. UK 360 > PS3 by 2 million yet EMEAA tied....how do you interperate that as PS3 = 360? Also, the base of UK compared to France and Spain along negates one another. Seriously, youre not going to win this, you cant extrapolate UK sales to EMEAA.

i wasn't trying to win anything

i just don't think the uk is a unique market for games as ethomaz said

Above & Beyond

Mr Puggsly said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

no it will be profitable at $199 as its already profitable now and further CELL and RSX reduction are incoming along with the other HW price reductions that follow along with time

and the fact that PS3 SW will be far bigger so SONY will be able to profit

and if you think they are going to sit back for profit and then let the other brand ahead then you are wrong,their main aim was blu-ray winning the war,noe they will concentrate on rebuilding thir brand before the next console cycle

I agree it'll be profitable at $199... one day. The next price drop will bring it down to $249.

Sony is one of many major companies with their hand in Bluray profits. I'm sure the growth of digital downloads/piracy, rentals, and streaming is really eating into potential Bluray profits as well. Hurting the Playstation brand was not worth it.

YEAH DIGITAL AND PIRACY MIGHT BE EATING INTO IT BUT THEY WILL STILL earn alot from blu-ray

i wasn't just targeting blu-ray sales in my earlier comment but the PS3 SW sales which will earn sony alot

and why would sony just drop to $249 if other will be getting the same price cut next year,if that was the case then that pricecut would be this year,they need a $100 pricecut next year which will come