By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Picked up some shooters this weekend... MOH:H2, Ghost Squad, and RE:UC

more people best buy moh:h2 so that i can have 31 people to play against online come xmas

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

there were quite a few online tonight. I jumped in the noobs game and it was always 20-30 players... I didn't notice any lag at all.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
I played a little on MOH:H2 this evening. So far it seems pretty cool. I tried a little arcade and played some online for a bit. It takes a bit to get used to the controls, but overall is pretty cool. I love the control scheme....
hi, how was the gameplay for MOH:H2(arcade mode only) compare to GC?i have a zapper and thinking of skipping GC and get MOH:H2

kn said:
there were quite a few online tonight. I jumped in the noobs game and it was always 20-30 players... I didn't notice any lag at all.

Cool. I'm looking forward to reading more of your impressions. I've heard so much about the control scheme for MOH being very good and would like to know what you think of it.

@ Berier: Do you means Ghost Squad (GC?). So far the arcade mode seems to be very similar to actual gameplay minus the story. The bad guys pop up in the same place as in the campaign but health packs show up quite frequently instead of "waiting" out your wounds. The pace seems to be a bit faster....

@fkusumot: I played through about an hour of the campaign last night for the first time and I'd say the controls are good but I wouldn't call them the greatest like IGN did. To me, it seems like it responds a little slow. I'm not using a zapper and I'm playing on veteran which doesn't have the lock-on. I feel a little like I did with red steel. I love the control scheme, but at times it's just a little sluggish to respond. That may improve with time and I'll come back and post on that some more.

As far as graphics are concerned, they are certainly pretty solid. Better than PS2 stuff and a solid framerate, but nothing stands out as "amazing".

If you like FPS games and are not completely burned out on the WWII theme, I think you would enjoy this game but if you are a bit burned out on either, this doesn't bring enough fresh gameplay and story content to really stand out among so many other WWII FPS shooters. There are a few things that I DON'T like so far -- the biggest is the enemy AI. They are cannon fodder. They will duck behind a crate or something and turn their back but won't crouch for instance. You can just shoot them from behind sometimes. I also don't like the default grenade throwing mechanics. You have to change to the grenade "weapon", aim it, lock your target, then flick the wiimote. By then I've been shot a few times. I would have preferred a "quick throw". I believe the controls can be tweaked a bit but I haven't explored it enough to really say if that can be altered.

Online was a frenzy... I'm not much of an online player and this just confirms it. Though there appeared to be no lag and the framerate was solid with numerous players on-screen, it just didn't do anything for me. I got bored pretty quick with it and turned it off. No offense to the people that love online play, but I don't get the obsession with online deathmatches -- even when it is team-oriented.

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
TopCat8 said:
I just got UC a couple of days ago as an early Christmas present. So far I like it a lot. My main complaint is that it is really hard when playing it by yourself. I couldn't find a Zapper anywhere, so I think there may be a shortage.

just load it up like you would for two player and go with out moving your head and blam duel weilding pistols, shotgun, machine pistols, rockets....you get teh idea

@kn: I mean Ghost Squad (sry)...hows GS compare to MOH:H2's arcade mode?

bernier said:
@kn: I mean Ghost Squad (sry)...hows GS compare to MOH:H2's arcade mode?

Honestly, I don't see a lot of difference in MOH:H2's "arcade" mode and regular campaign mode.  The enemies and areas are more or less the same.  The look and feel is pretty much the same...  GS is still pure arcade.  GS is something you play repeatedly to learn the patterns and get the best score possible to unlock stuff.  I don't see playing MOH arcade mode repeatedly...  I would say they are very different.

I hate trolls.