By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seriously how the hell is everybody so godlike in Halo Reach?

yo_john117 said:

How the hell is every single person who plays Halo Reach freakin salty as hell?!?   

Fuking sucks being the worst person in Halo Reach...

Think of it as a zombie game AIM FOR THE MUTHA @#$(ING HEAD and shoot about 5 times and youll win every time lol im almost alwyas 10 k/d or higher ;] and in swat i usualy have 20-35 kills and about 5 deaths lmao

Around the Network

The problem is that there is still a lot of people who are good and haven't moved up in rank enough, so at lower levels your playing people that have really high levels in Halo 3.  I just don't play for awhile so that the more advanced players level up and I'm stuck people on more of my level.  It should even out in a few months.

I'm really good at this game foo!

You just have to be free and concentrate whats your favoirites?

Mine are 

Jetpacks with the assault rifle and the magnum 

Don't worry, you will get better. I never played any FPS before, and I think I am getting better at it. First few days, I really sucked and got 0-3 kills per match. Now, I always get 10 ..lol

Some tips:

- Always shoot head first.

- If you see people fighting, throw grenade at them!

- Switch the gun if you are out of ammo while you are in shooting fight.

- If you play some map very often, you should be able to find powerful guns in the same place most of the time.

Severance said:

Halo is considered one of the easiest multiplayers, i suggest you play something else and then get back to it, you'll be godlike yourself.

Who is it that considers it one of the easiest multiplayers? If anything the skill gap in Halo is much bigger than any other modern fps out there today.

There's a reason its the flagship game for MLG, even over games like MW2.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
Severance said:

Halo is considered one of the easiest multiplayers, i suggest you play something else and then get back to it, you'll be godlike yourself.

Who is it that considers it one of the easiest multiplayers? If anything the skill gap in Halo is much bigger than any other modern fps out there today.

Agreed. Halo has a large skill gap, but maybe he meant it's easy to learn, which i tend to agree with. In most of the ultra-realistic FPS games a new player continually gets killed before he even knows where he was being hit from. At least in halo you have a chance to recover if you get shot first, and there's a chance a team mate could save your ass. Also, in MW, the perks actually make you a better player, so people that play a lot have a massive advantage over new players.

Halo just seems much easier to get acquainted with.

Funtime said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Agreed. Halo has a large skill gap, but maybe he meant it's easy to learn, which i tend to agree with. In most of the ultra-realistic FPS games a new player continually gets killed before he even knows where he was being hit from. At least in halo you have a chance to recover if you get shot first, and there's a chance a team mate could save your ass. Also, in MW, the perks actually make you a better player, so people that play a lot have a massive advantage over new players.

Halo just seems much easier to get acquainted with.

I agree, Halo is one of those games thats easy to jump into and almost impossible to master.

I think that is part of its major appeal.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

u have to take in account, many have been playing this online for years, so its bound to have a high % of halo vets

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I have never played with a dedicated team and I imagine that playing with the same people over and over again is a HUGE advantage to just playing with randoms. Sometimes I get the worst teammates and it makes for a shitty time although I have no doubts that there are quite a few times when I'm the horrible teammate. Just the simple act of staying close to at least one of your other teammates seems to be a must, nothing like getting rolled up on by 3 heads when you are all by yourself, lol. I know for a fact that so many of my flaws as a player have to do with my lack of discipline though. I get frustrated sometimes and then that's it, I just tend to do stupid shit. 

As far as how Halo compares to other FPS' out there, I can only speak about MW2 because that's the only other game I have played online. That said, my K/D on MW2 is like 2.5 something and was still rising. I don't know what it is on Reach but I'm sure it's nowhere close to that so for me MW2 is way easier.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Severance said:

No idea why you continue to believe this.