By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could a successful Kinect change VGChartz?

Lolz dream on kinect will sell well for a while, but wii kept on selling for a while for a reason, i.e. it works, whereas kinect well it lags, the menu interactivity is horrible and it has lots of other problems,i played it now so know for sure now, if it does te inevitable i reckon all ps3 and wii fans should team up and blow up MS headquarters, there does that make you happy

INCASE YOU CANT DETECT SARCASM YES MY POST is sarcasm all of it, now can we all go back to loving/playing games, nothing is doomed or ever will be

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

A successfull Kinect would deliver a full plate of raw crow to those naysayers. I honestly don't want Kinect to massively succeed because I prefer controlers for my favorite games  and I also want to sit down, but increasing the gap between the PS3 and 360 will help Microsoft a lot in this "war" and win over some casuals.

Sony still has the best games so far in 2011 (this is a opinion coming from a MICROSOFT FANBOY!) but in terms of hardware sales this won't matter if Kinect is a success and MS throws in another price cut to boost hardware even more.

It's just that simple.

this website will be so silent until the butthurt fanboys on the opposing side gathers enough energy to absorb and continue to bring MS down with their natural hate on non japanese product.  Kinect will be fun regardless.

MonstaMack said:

and I also want to sit down

It works sitting down.

From Engadget:

"We didn't get a chance to bring Kinect home to give it a spin (no beta for us, we're afraid), but Microsoft did invite us to its offices to try it in studio. By and large, though, it's what we saw back at E3 with some refinements -- and yes, it does work while sitting down."

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/29/xbox-live-fall-2010-dashboard-update-preview-espn-netflix-sear/

After Kinect launches there will be 3 kinds of posters:

1: Users like the OP that will talk now about th epotential to sell 8 to 10 million more 360's than PS3 over time (unrealistic) who revert back to MSFTs 3 million expectation as a positive benchmark yet right now obviously have it in their deluded minds Kinect will be something magical. So theyre in a win/win scenerio in their minds because they clearly think its going to be crazy successful, but always can fall back to argue its "in line" with expectations. This also happened to the PSPGo, as an analogy. So the argument will ensue.

2: Users who, even when/if Kinect is successful or meets MSFT's projections and regardless of what kind of reviews it gets will point back to posts liek this and claim "all 360 fans thought itd do more" Thus diminishing what should have been a respectful launch and leading to a downward spiral. This will happen even if Kinect goes on to sell buttloads (yes buttloads is an official quantity)

3: Users who have tapered expectation, like myself, will see the launch as a success because its apparent theres at LEAST enough interest to carry Kinect through the holidays as a prime item, yet wish to hold back judgment on its success or failure because we still know such little info about its potential or future implications on the industry.

Summery. Nothing will change, this thread just makes it worse because its one more gallon of gasoline to the inevitable "all you 360 fans...."comments we will hear in the coming months.

Around the Network

The answer is "no". Any change to VGChartz is already underway and Kinect's effect will be negligible.

we all sometimes get blue
a lonely angel says i can too
i got to spare my sanity

i keep hearing them clock bells ring
a jiggly diggly-dong diggly-dong dang
just listen to me freak the chalklit pyhe II 

dont you know baby, hey yay yeah
you know its gonna rain on us
dong you know baby, hey yay yeah

if you could change into anything
which you know is exactly everything
and of course is a chalklit pyhe

i keep seeing them stars at night
my little whack-job waves goodbye
'cause you aint gonna see your moms 
no more woah-oh

dont you know baby, hey yay yeah
dong you know baby, hey yay yeah

save all yourselves
save all your good game
put 'em in a great big bucket
until you offer anything now 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I really don't think Kinect will be that much bigger than Move. I mean sure Kinect will probably sell better, but Move already did 300K so that's not going to be a flop either. Besides everyone knows PS3 still has that magic $199 spot to get to, so you can forget about X360 ever really dominating the PS3 or visa versa.

Mr.Metralha said:
Seece said:

PS3 and Wii fanboys will just dish out more vitriol than they already do, that's about it.

And who are you, may I ask?

I lol'd.

Anyway, I think Kinect will be successful and popular but it won't become an all-conquering device like the iPod or the Wii, so a 'no' to the thread title I guess.

I hope your right Legends... I mean I definitely see Kinects outselling Move but if it was a monster success... I'd LAWL so much and make sure to make plenty of ridiculous pro-360 threads... like your favorite PS3 fans have been doing forever it seems... again just for LAWLS and to show a point. Such threads should be made when your console of choice is winning ATLEAST!!!

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.