By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could a successful Kinect change VGChartz?

Seece said:

PS3 and Wii fanboys will just dish out more vitriol than they already do, that's about it.

And if Kinect is a huge success, we will have a lot of 360 fanboys running around on VGChartz and constantly talking shit about the Wii and Move. Hell, we already have this situation now. The last Kinect thread I saw turned out to be a stupid discussion about Move being a Wii copy or not, which didn't have anything to do with the topic. With Kinect being a success things will get a lot worse.  Of course it won't only be the 360 fanboys, it will also be, as you mentioned, the PS3 and Wii fanboys who troll everything in their way.

On the other hand, if Kinect completely fails it will also get a lot worse here. So we're srewed anyway.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Some of the comments I'm seeing here are precisely what's wrong with the VGC community.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:

Some of the comments I'm seeing here are precisely what's wrong with the VGC community.

indeed,

I'm not sure if we mean the same thing, but this thread is soo ugly in soo many ways (and so typical of VGC in so many ways), that I'm sure almost everyone can agree to that statement of yours ;)

personally I'm always amazed how people manage to dance around using insults, but squeeze into their posts every last drop of venom they can

huaxiong90 said:

The problem with the VGC community is that the mod team these days (and it's been around two years already) is garbage.

The average quality of a post here is close to zero and the forum is overrun by insecure, vitriol-spewing, agenda-pushing posters.

I swear, gamefaq's forums have better noise-ratio than vgchartz.

You shouldn't be surprised tho, this website is ioi's bacon factory and hits fuel ad revenue. The more users, the more cash ioi collects - to him trolls have the same value as sensible posters and the lower the average intellectual level of a post, the more people will participate thus driving up ad revenue.

You want a good gaming community? Go find a cozy place elsewhere and just peek over for the sales numbers. I already did years ago and I tell you enjoying competent (yet quirky) moderators is much better than what's going on here.

I still check in from time to time, hoping we get a new batch of moderators, but alas it is not happening.

Shit, I can't believe yet out of my 3 bans here, two were for stating basic truths that put a poor light once on ps3 raging users, the other on 360's raging users. But that's vgchartz these days. Full time trolls get a free pass but oh dont you dare to speak the truth or you'll get a swift ban.

To be honest, I went over the line many times before and yet somehow evaded bans for the longest time. But still, it's a poor job - I should have been banned the times I went over the line, but not for saying raw truths.

Our new mods just act on the moderation queue. Which means you can get ANYONE banned if you have a buncha well groomed alt accounts ready to spam the moderation queue with reports. I long for the days when mods actually read the forum, searched posting histories, knew the posters and acted accordingly.

Maybe someday when the community falls into disrepair and ioi's ad revenue dwindles, maybe then he'll notice that just collecting all the garbage from the internet is not the way to groom a healthy community.

For fucks sake, a joke poster like crazzyman lasted years here. At my current chosen forum, didn't last a week. That's the difference between good moderation and piss poor moderation.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Mr.Metralha said:
Seece said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Seece said:

PS3 and Wii fanboys will just dish out more vitriol than they already do, that's about it.

And who are you, may I ask?

What?

Aren't you a boy. Fan of the 360?

A fanboy  trying to call someone else a fanboy??

IRONIC isnt it

Around the Network

as a fan of Sony, I actually want kinect to succeed more than 360 fanboys, and I want move to suffer the same fate as the eyetoy ..........

so if this explodes the 360 to a huge gap past the ps3, this is one Sony fan you guys don't have to worry about, in fact I might be in you celebration threadz, stealin all yo cheerz lmao, because at the end of the day it's Kinect that did it, I can live with that

Here's for Next-Gen Kinectbox right guys

"I'd rather play games on a last place console, than garbage on a first place console" <-- something that COULDN'T be said last gen.

Bitmap Frogs said:
huaxiong90 said:

The problem with the VGC community is that the mod team these days (and it's been around two years already) is garbage.

The average quality of a post here is close to zero and the forum is overrun by insecure, vitriol-spewing, agenda-pushing posters.

Shit, I can't believe yet out of my 3 bans here, two were for stating basic truths that put a poor light once on ps3 raging users, the other on 360's raging users. But that's vgchartz these days. Full time trolls get a free pass but oh dont you dare to speak the truth or you'll get a swift ban.

Yeah it's so much pity we can't get back the old wii loving fanboy moderators who would ban you for comparing graphical power and price beetween ps2.

At least now you can state non politically correct facts and opinions without fear of ban because some oversensitive wii owner felt offended.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

kinect shoudnt change anything here. ofcourse fanboys will bitch more but this isnt youtube, we dont have true fanboys. also why on earth should people be scared or pissed or sad if their consoles isnt selling well, or if kinect will be a sucess? im a gamer the only thing i care about are games.

ps: its really fun how all the hype on kinect is because its going to be a sucess.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

evolution_1ne said:

as a fan of Sony, I actually want kinect to succeed more than 360 fanboys, and I want move to suffer the same fate as the eyetoy ..........

so if this explodes the 360 to a huge gap past the ps3, this is one Sony fan you guys don't have to worry about, in fact I might be in you celebration threadz, stealin all yo cheerz lmao, because at the end of the day it's Kinect that did it, I can live with that

Here's for Next-Gen Kinectbox right guys

"I'd rather play games on a last place console, than garbage on a first place console" <-- something that COULDN'T be said last gen.

the eyetoy sold 10 million, wow you are really being optimistic!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Who cares? U can dance ur Gaga and do ur Yoga all day long.

Wish list: Ni No Ku Ni on my PS3.