By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Burnout series

Looking trough that funny list about the 48 most interesting games in 2008, I stumbled over the title Burnout Paradise. This is the reason why I post this now. Back in the Gamecube days, Burnout 2: Point of Impact was one of my favourite games. I spent countless hours finishing the single-player mode, I had amazing times competing with friends to get new records on the tracks and I spent a whole night together with four friends getting all gold-medals in the crash mode. Still today, this game would probably be ranked in my top 10 of all time. As you probably all know, the next games in the series did not come to the Cube which meant that I was not able to play them, also none of my friends that owned a PS2 or an Xbox did buy them. I have read a little about them now, and it sounds like Criterion has changed the formula quite heavily. Because of that, I wonder how people that know all the games in the series did see the development. Do you guys like the new games? Which one is the best in your opinion? Also, do you think that Burnout Paradise will be great? (imo, it sounds like a Need for Speed game, but that may only be me). Knowing that EA is the publisher of the Burnout game nowadays (RIP Acclaim), it probably is only a matter of time until we see a Wii itineration. I wonder if I should hope for one or not, please tell me!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

I prefered the oiginal over 2, mainly because of the Bus and the Crash replay system, i wanted an improved crash reply thing in B2 but was dissapointed.

still 2 is a good game, i am not interested in this new "sandbox" style, Burnout is an arcade style racer.

burnout 3 is the best and among the top 5 racers of all time.
WAAAAAAY better than burnout 2.

I LOVE burnout, if EA does a good job of it on the PS3 I'm buying it day 1, I pray to god they don't lose that sense of speed that the others had.

Umm in response to the OP I'm pretty sure there will be a burnout on the Wii, I can't really see any reason why there wouldn't be. It's a pretty popular series and it IS EA after all :P They are the original port masters :P 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Burnout 3: Takedown is by far the best one.

Around the Network

Burnout 3: Takedown is my favorite race game of all-time. Paradise looks alright, but as of now I am indifferent on the sandbox style. I will get Paradise eventually.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
nintendo_fanboy said:
Looking trough that funny list about the 48 most interesting games in 2008, I stumbled over the title Burnout Paradise. This is the reason why I post this now. Back in the Gamecube days, Burnout 2: Point of Impact was one of my favourite games. I spent countless hours finishing the single-player mode, I had amazing times competing with friends to get new records on the tracks and I spent a whole night together with four friends getting all gold-medals in the crash mode. Still today, this game would probably be ranked in my top 10 of all time. As you probably all know, the next games in the series did not come to the Cube which meant that I was not able to play them, also none of my friends that owned a PS2 or an Xbox did buy them. I have read a little about them now, and it sounds like Criterion has changed the formula quite heavily. Because of that, I wonder how people that know all the games in the series did see the development. Do you guys like the new games? Which one is the best in your opinion? Also, do you think that Burnout Paradise will be great? (imo, it sounds like a Need for Speed game, but that may only be me). Knowing that EA is the publisher of the Burnout game nowadays (RIP Acclaim), it probably is only a matter of time until we see a Wii itineration. I wonder if I should hope for one or not, please tell me!

you wont be seeing a port of burnout paradise on the Wii unless the dumb it down by 30% - 45%. The graphics in the game are nearly GT5/Forza 2 level. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i don't think the wii will get paradise. they'll probably make a different game.

RolStoppable said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
i don't think the wii will get paradise. they'll probably make a different game.

The Wii will get Paradise, just like the DS got Legends. We are talking about EA here.

well if the wii version of paradise is as bad as the ds version of legends then i think i'll pass.

i think takedown was the best burnout(but ive only played this and the forth one)