By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "No Kinect stock in UK on launch day" says GAME

Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Probably a little bit of undershipping to give the illusion of demand

Wow, I see you in every Kinect thread. Always great things to say about the Kinect and 360.

Nintendo couldn't meet the demand of Wii consoles at launch. With that said, MS expects to sell even more Kinect units. So shortages could be a potential issue.

They are such wonderful devices I can't help myself

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Also remember guys, just like I was told in the PSMove thread, this could be just GAME telling people this so that they would go there and preorder it. Remember that these are the only guys claiming all this stuff.

This is also the same chain that is closing 85 stores in the UK within the next couple of years.

This could be a ploy to increase preorders for the Kinect and get people to go into their stores.

This was my thought when I read the OP.  If Microsoft plans on selling 3 Million Kinect units this holiday they can't afford to have retail shelves bare for any period of time.  It is possible they may undership units at release to continue the pre-holiday hype and then release a boat load of units on Black Friday to satisfy demand.  I wouldn't count on that though.

ok this is becoming too obvious...

Microsoft is doing something here.. and are trying to generate a tremendous amount of hype to garner up a lot of sales...

clearly.. I mean don mavarick or w.e his name is started it off at E3 THIS EYAR when he said sony have no chance this holiday season, and they're ganna be in big trouble, and that kinect will change gaming forever... as if it was something completely new from anything we've ever seen, which it isnt..

they're very smart.. but clearly they have something to do with this.. whether it be the fact they aren't sending enough stock, or they are bribing someone to say things for more sales..

its pretty clear to me now..

its a good thing for the xbox division, I just feel bad for move, and the fact sony has done a PATHETIC job at marketing it compared to kinect..

mM

Here is my prediction Kinect = sales monster 3 months later Gamestops etc are full of the unit and people are wondering why they ever bought the thing. 

Microsoft is so obviously behind this. They're trying to repeat the Wii launch artificially. No way that Kinect pre-orders are anything near the available supply numbers we'll see at launch. Hype for Kinect just isn't that big, not even close.

But this false message of threatening shortages, how many casuals will it even reach? They don't read CVG or other gaming sites.

Around the Network
billy.amick said:

Here is my prediction Kinect = sales monster 3 months later Gamestops etc are full of the unit and people are wondering why they ever bought the thing. 

If kinect sells well I think MS and other developers will jump on the bandwagon and start to create quality games which in turn = well worth the pruchase, but until so.. expect no higher calibur games

this "shortage" thing is starting to get old

i believe these companies are sending a SPECIFIC amount of product to the retailer to make it look like pre orders are overpowering the actual number in stock

leatherhat said:

Just like Sony did with the Move.

Nsanity said:
leatherhat said:

Just like Sony did with the Move.

Exactly like that

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I think Sony just really under estimated MOVE rather than under ship it on purpose.