By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NBA Jam now standalone PSN/XBLA, Elite delayed

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/27/nba-elite-11-delayed-nba-jam-coming-as-standalone-product-for-3/

So EA's saved the PS3/360 version from doom and obscurity, by utterly dooming the Wii version. Now buyers have a far cheaper alternative with online play...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I see the excuses are already coming out for this game...

Geez.

At least give it a chance on the market before you start coming up with stupid excuses for it not selling well.

I better leave this JAM thread anyway before I get happy that it's cheaper and get banned for "dumping on the Wii".

Edit: Screw that, this thread could be fun.

Carl2291 said:

Geez.

At least give it a chance on the market before you start coming up with stupid excuses for it not selling well.

I better leave this JAM thread anyway before I get happy that it's cheaper and get banned for "dumping on the Wii".

When you deliberately disadvantage your products, that's no excuse. It's just as insulting as when EA decided, later on, that Dead Space Extraction was only worth $10, after pushing the $50 version on Wii owners *and* blaming them for the title's failure (by canceling Doom Resurrection for Wii and moving it to iPhone), when clearly by their own estimation it was worth only a fifth of that.

In this case you're seeing the same thing. It's straight-up insulting

Mr Khan said:
Carl2291 said:

Geez.

When you deliberately disadvantage your products, that's no excuse. It's just as insulting as when EA decided, later on, that Dead Space Extraction was only worth $10, after pushing the $50 version on Wii owners *and* blaming them for the title's failure (by canceling Doom Resurrection for Wii and moving it to iPhone), when clearly by their own estimation it was worth only a fifth of that.

Its not insulting, its a sound business investment by EA.  Its not EA's fault that Wii owners continue to shun 3rd party titles by calling them inadequate then turn around and cry when they lose exclusivity.

Train wreck said:
Mr Khan said:
Carl2291 said:

Geez.

Its not insulting, its a sound business investment by EA.  Its not EA's fault that Wii owners continue to shun 3rd party titles by calling them inadequate then turn around and cry when they lose exclusivity.

When you're charging 5x more than what the product is worth because you think you can get away with it, how is that not insulting?

Lost exclusivity is not at issue here. This is far more vicious.

Around the Network

Yes just what I was hoping for! This is what I wanted from the basketball experience :)

Mr Khan said:
Train wreck said:
Mr Khan said:
Carl2291 said:

Geez.

When you're charging 5x more than what the product is worth because you think you can get away with it, how is that not insulting?

Lost exclusivity is not at issue here. This is far more vicious.

Game price variation happens all the time in sales of video games, if you cant grasp that you dont need to be playing games.  OMG I pay 20 bucks for FF1 on my PSP BUT you can get it on the iphone for only 10, I feel robbed.  I mean come on, grow up.

Mr Khan said:

The Wii version has the exclusive Remix Tour and releases earlier. With NBA JAM PS3/360 releasing "in time for the Holidays". Stop making it seem like the Wii version is the ginger stepchild.

Seriously. Stop making excuses. It's getting tiring. We hear it for pretty much every hyped game that doesn't hit a Million on Wii. It's almost as annoying as the "so and so game wont sell as well because PS2 > PS3! D:" bullcrap.

It's not exactly great that they're releasing 2 gimped versions for each userbase. But don't make it seem like the Wii version is now all of a sudden going to bomb because a gimped downloadable version is releasing on the HD consoles a while AFTER the game has released on the Wii.

What are the expectations for this game? In terms of sales?

I just hate double standards. And it's very common in these forums...

Obviously done on purpose because they know the game will sell regardless, not as much as if it were exclusive, but will sell. They are insulting the Wii base undoubtedly, by treating them like stupid because they aren't as informed as the rest of the userbases. Nintendo should be banning this type of behaviour on their next console.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies