By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What happenned to the 360 numbers?

Myahon said:

keep in mind M$ also counts every system replaced as a new sale ;)

Don't lie...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
tex2d said:

me too.

Last time i checked the 360 was becoming low on stock everywhere i looked. For example at amazon they usually have around a 1000 360s, and now they are out of stock, or have 50. So it seems that microsofts plan, to reduce shipments from 15 million to 12 million is working . Now supposing that they already shipped that amount (its a safe assumption based on the 10.4 figure at december), this would indicate there is aroung 2 million 360s on the shelfes worldwide, and i dont think thats the case (looking at stock around)

I actually have been watching amazon for quite a while. When the ps3 came back from out of stock, the xbox 360 sales declined from 15-20, to around 26-52, and the ps3 replaced the xbox 360 location. The wii is still sold out, and doesn't appear declining, at around 8-10.  Psp moved up, in the few past days due to the price dropping. It was around  around 38-50 and is now selling faster then ps3 at around 13-16. Not once did I notice the xbox 360 sold out, on amazon for the past 4 weeks.

wii_are_better_than_ said:

360 sales still seem a bit low to me...

idunno, I just would have expected them to have broken 10 million by now...

I agree, I think they are low. 10 Million would be a more believeable number.

Predicting the Future - 360 Will get to 11 Million in the USA this year!!

Predicting the Future - Wii will NOT win this gen in America!!

Prediciting the Future - The PS3 will pass the Wii by 2009!!

We'll know a lot more come April 26th (a.k.a. Microsoft's 3rd Q Report).

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Do you guys get official European numbers or something? Do you pay chartrack and others in Europe?

Around the Network
Steve 3.2 said:
We'll know a lot more come April 26th (a.k.a. Microsoft's 3rd Q Report).

Will that include 'replacements'?

*Runs...

Good to see this site is still going 

So as of the most recent update, Microsoft no longer has a majority market share (they just fell below 50% worldwide).  Even if the estimates are off slightly, it should be more solid after the quarterly report.

They're still sitting on 60% in North America.

Actually the microsoft number has always seemed off to me, which is odd because otherwise the site seems  spot on.  Perhaps my memory isn't working well but I could swear the  MS number was 9.56 in October, and they have certainly sold a few hundred thousand since then.  I thought I had checked shortly before the Sony and Nintendo launch to see how much they had to do to try to catch MS.

I actually have been watching amazon for quite a while. When the ps3 came back from out of stock, the xbox 360 sales declined from 15-20, to around 26-52, and the ps3 replaced the xbox 360 location. The wii is still sold out, and doesn't appear declining, at around 8-10.  Psp moved up, in the few past days due to the price dropping. It was around  around 38-50 and is now selling faster then ps3 at around 13-16. Not once did I notice the xbox 360 sold out, on amazon for the past 4 weeks.

thats quit interesting, because between 3-31 and 4-6 it was sold out at the american store, and in the UK and DE stores the Core version was sold out (in germany it usually sells better than the premium one) and the premium version somewhere (i dont know if its UK or DE) was as low as 20 for a few days, even after that only in the 50s. so i dont know what you saw, this is what i saw, i track it day by day.