By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 likely to overtake Xbox360 in u.k.

Reasonable said:
Seece said:
Reasonable said:

Obviously from time to time it'll lead on a weekly basis - for example when GT5 launches it might well outsell 360 - so there's no point discussing that.

LTD?  Who knows.  I think 360 has a strong lead, but it isn't as strong as US, and the PS3 is effectively 2 holiday seasons behind 360 overall (so far as I am aware), so it does remain possible LTD if the PS3 sees enough demand and both are on the market for the same time and see the same number of holiday seasons.

I think though 360 will remain just ahead in UK LTD.

PS3 owns about 38% of HD market in both US and UK, it's a tie, so it's lead is just as strong as US.

I'm factoring in ratio for launch difference assuming they both have exactly the same LTD on market.  In UK the PS3 is two Christmas seasons behind the 360 - i.e. it they are on the market the same time the PS3 still has two more christmas periods of peak sales to go vs the 360.

Therefore in the UK the 360 lead is less than US as in UK to have that gap the 360 required 2 extra christmas sales peaks plus over 12 months extra on market vs only one christmas period in US.

See - makes sense when you're talking LTD expectations with the assumption both consoles are on the market for the same time (relative to each other) and each have exactly the same number of peak sales holiday periods.

your absolutely right. the question is, if ps3 gets the chance of beeing sold a full additional year. it all comes down to the point of view. if you compare them timely alligned they sell equally good or in a slight favor of the ps3, if you compare absolute figures, xbox is one year ahead... simple as that.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

Around the Network

lol thats funny.

It will, because I've brainwashed everyone in the U.K. to buy a PS3 as soon as the words "PlayStation" or "Sony" are heard or seen by them.

Don't know about the U.K., but in Others the XBox 360 is slowly gaining ground on the PS3. This after the MOVE has launched as well. Seem like the MOVE had almost no effect on PS3 sales. I wonder if the same will happen with the Xbox 360. We'll know on Nov 4th.

'gaming till I'm gone'

HALOOOOOOOO said:

It will, because I've brainwashed everyone in the U.K. to buy a PS3 as soon as the words "PlayStation" or "Sony" are heard or seen by them.

Around the Network

Do people still believe the PS3 will overtake the 360 in the UK?

EA is doomed, a weeks ago i read someone saying/meaning that motion controls are doomed and now they will release titles for PS Move and Kinect ... ok as they wish XD

Hephaestos said:

from this site.... it's basically a 1/2 ratio.... and 2/3 for 360/Wii, that article is wrong on all accounts.

UK Hardware

Console Weekly (change) Total
X360 25,629 (-30%) 5,327,898
DS 14,115 (-1%) 11,461,682
PS3 10,097 ( 17%) 3,215,797
Wii 6,129 ( 4%) 7,081,551
PSP 1,870 (-0%) 3,725,737
PS2 489 ( 1%) 10,170,914
Total 58,329(-14%)

The originator/Author of this thread should have put this info in.  I was about to go look it up and low and behold someone has done the obvious.  Why speculate, when you can read the real data.  Either way, it does sound like someone is getting their pockets lined to spout "the PS3 is going to overtake the 360 in the UK".  Numbers tell the truth....
Just noticed that this post i am quoting is OLD...

If its one market 360 has its the UK. In USA the Wii outsells 360, but not in UK. In UK only DS outsold it this year.

WIth custom firmware around the corner and mass bootlegging it will overtake XBOX.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling