By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 likely to overtake Xbox360 in u.k.

libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

But they also know those 360 people are very Gears or Halo or CoD biased (not EA games). While PS3 is lacking a "king exclusive" meaning people will tend to buy more multiplateform games (see FIFA).

libellule said:

But they also know those 360 people are very Gears or Halo or CoD biased (not EA games). While PS3 is lacking a "king exclusive" meaning people will tend to buy more multiplateform games (see FIFA).

The Battlefield series has performed much better on the 360.

Dragon Age has performed much better on the 360.

Mass Effect would sell better on the 360 even as a day one multiplat. We both know the 360 generally dominates WRPG sales.

EA's football games perform better on the 360.

Left 4 Dead was only published by EA, but that's a 3rd party series that also did very well but is not included in the games you mentioned.

There are quite a few other EA games that that performed better on the 360. Basically, this bias you say 360 fans have for CoD, Gears, and Halo is bullshit.

The PS3 is better at selling some genres than the 360 and vice versa. Simple as that.

you can put away L4D and ME because they show nothing since they are no multiplat

For the others game, I KNOW they perform better on 360
BUT, I doubt they reflect the ratio PS3/360 userbase
So, relatively to the userbase, the PS3 games are selling better ....

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=FIFA
I may be wrong but looking at these chartz, FIFA PS3 is even outselling the 360 version
same go for PES (no need to check)
same go for SFIV
http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=street fighter&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

I admit you got a point on Dragon Age ...

Liar, L4D is still exclusive.

And some games (European/Japenese) focused do better on PS3, the rest do better on 360. No great surprise.

Around the Network

from this site.... it's basically a 1/2 ratio.... and 2/3 for 360/Wii, that article is wrong on all accounts.

UK Hardware

Console Weekly (change) Total
X360 25,629 (-30%) 5,327,898
DS 14,115 (-1%) 11,461,682
PS3 10,097 ( 17%) 3,215,797
Wii 6,129 ( 4%) 7,081,551
PSP 1,870 (-0%) 3,725,737
PS2 489 ( 1%) 10,170,914
Total 58,329(-14%)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Seece said:
libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

libellule said:

The Battlefield series has performed much better on the 360.

Dragon Age has performed much better on the 360.

Mass Effect would sell better on the 360 even as a day one multiplat. We both know the 360 generally dominates WRPG sales.

EA's football games perform better on the 360.

Left 4 Dead was only published by EA, but that's a 3rd party series that also did very well but is not included in the games you mentioned.

There are quite a few other EA games that that performed better on the 360. Basically, this bias you say 360 fans have for CoD, Gears, and Halo is bullshit.

The PS3 is better at selling some genres than the 360 and vice versa. Simple as that.

you can put away L4D and ME because they show nothing since they are no multiplat

For the others game, I KNOW they perform better on 360
BUT, I doubt they reflect the ratio PS3/360 userbase
So, relatively to the userbase, the PS3 games are selling better ....

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=FIFA
I may be wrong but looking at these chartz, FIFA PS3 is even outselling the 360 version
same go for PES (no need to check)
same go for SFIV
http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=street fighter&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

I admit you got a point on Dragon Age ...

Liar, L4D is still exclusive.

Isn't what I m saying ?

Time to Work !

Apollian said:

the PS3 has never outsold the 360 in the UK, and it never will!

In overall numbers, extremely unlikely.

But in weekly sales? It actually has before.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Obviously from time to time it'll lead on a weekly basis - for example when GT5 launches it might well outsell 360 - so there's no point discussing that.

LTD?  Who knows.  I think 360 has a strong lead, but it isn't as strong as US, and the PS3 is effectively 2 holiday seasons behind 360 overall (so far as I am aware), so it does remain possible LTD if the PS3 sees enough demand and both are on the market for the same time and see the same number of holiday seasons.

I think though 360 will remain just ahead in UK LTD.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

U.K is Xbox Land... Not even the Wii can compete with Xbox in U.K and Américas.

Reach said:

Until quite recently, Wii easily held those markets.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Reach said:

Until quite recently, Wii easily held those markets.

It still does in overall sales.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Reasonable said:

Obviously from time to time it'll lead on a weekly basis - for example when GT5 launches it might well outsell 360 - so there's no point discussing that.

LTD?  Who knows.  I think 360 has a strong lead, but it isn't as strong as US, and the PS3 is effectively 2 holiday seasons behind 360 overall (so far as I am aware), so it does remain possible LTD if the PS3 sees enough demand and both are on the market for the same time and see the same number of holiday seasons.

PS3 owns about 38% of HD market in both US and UK, it's a tie, so it's lead is just as strong as US.

Seece said:
Reasonable said:

PS3 owns about 38% of HD market in both US and UK, it's a tie, so it's lead is just as strong as US.

I'm factoring in ratio for launch difference assuming they both have exactly the same LTD on market.  In UK the PS3 is two Christmas seasons behind the 360 - i.e. it they are on the market the same time the PS3 still has two more christmas periods of peak sales to go vs the 360.

Therefore in the UK the 360 lead is less than US as in UK to have that gap the 360 required 2 extra christmas sales peaks plus over 12 months extra on market vs only one christmas period in US.

See - makes sense when you're talking LTD expectations with the assumption both consoles are on the market for the same time (relative to each other) and each have exactly the same number of peak sales holiday periods.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...