By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 38

Yep I'll join the chorus in saying nice hold for Sports Champs. 2nd best performing non-new release game even on the combined formats UK chart. So given Halo: Reach did about 86K that means Sports Champs could be as high as 30K. Sports Champs (and Move) could potentialy see a zero decline for its 2nd week which would be great prior to the start of the holiday upward trend. Move could create a reasonable amount of Xmas momentum even with it's fairly modest lineup.

The other interesting thing is that Just Dance is the only Wii game in the top 10 on the individual formats charts, but there's no Wii exclusive in the top 10 on the combined formats chart.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Looks like a good hold for Sports Champions as others have mentioned. I think it is interesting that a couple of the titles for Move that were designed for the controller (Start the Party, and Racket Sports) seemed to hold their positions from last week or improve, but existing games that have added Move support (Tiger Woods, RE5 Gold Edition), seemed to have lost their boost from Move's launch faster. Although, that is just based on rankings, no idea if that translates into actual sales.

binary solo said:

Yep I'll join the chorus in saying nice hold for Sports Champs. 2nd best performing non-new release game even on the combined formats UK chart. So given Halo: Reach did about 86K that means Sports Champs could be as high as 30K. Sports Champs (and Move) could potentialy see a zero decline for its 2nd week which would be great prior to the start of the holiday upward trend. Move could create a reasonable amount of Xmas momentum even with it's fairly modest lineup.

The other interesting thing is that Just Dance is the only Wii game in the top 10 on the individual formats charts, but there's no Wii exclusive in the top 10 on the combined formats chart.

Yeah probably wont be till the end of october when Wii party and JD2 release. Poor software though for wii :/

Ping_ii said:

pretty dang good for Sports champ! holding quite nice.

15-20k is a little low IMO.

ethomaz said:
Ping_ii said:

pretty dang good for Sports champ! holding quite nice.

15-20k is a little low IMO.

well if it keeps chugging 15-20k every week then thats "pretty dang good" not to mention holidays boost so yeh, besides it helded nicely with new titles being released this week.

Around the Network

Terrible performance for sports champions which shows a terrible second week for move. Despite having a full week (compared to 2 days) and being in a unique situation (since we have a new hardware launch here) , it actually dropped 12 % which shows that move seems to be slowing down already compared to the, bad anyway, first week results. What a fiasco . Huge drop for other move-related games like RE gold.

Disappointing second week for reach , though i expect it will rebound after Fifa is released. I expect reach to be in the top-10 for a long time. Nice to see the xbox360 versions of both DR2 and F1 outselling the ps3 version and that is unexpected for F! since the F1 franchise has a long history with the playstation consoles.

johnglen said:

Terrible performance for sports champions which shows a terrible second week for move. Despite having a full week (compared to 2 days) and being in a unique situation (since we have a new hardware launch here) , it actually dropped 12 % which shows that move seems to be slowing down already compared to the, bad anyway, first week results. What a fiasco . Huge drop for other move-related games like RE gold.

Disappointing second week for reach , though i expect it will rebound after Fifa is released. I expect reach to be in the top-10 for a long time. Nice to see the xbox360 versions of both DR2 and F1 outselling the ps3 version and that is unexpected for F! since the F1 franchise has a long history with the playstation consoles.

Really? Considering the 360 has 2 million more consoles out in the UK than the ps3.. and it's the UK..

mM
leo-j said:
johnglen said:

Really? Considering the 360 has 2 million more consoles out in the UK than the ps3.. and it's the UK..

look @ my sign on what he said.

leo-j said:
johnglen said:

Yes really , when it comes to games that have such a long history with one platform (like f1 and playstation) , we have an exclusive game still selling well (reach) and "stealing" sales from other games on the platform and we are talking first week sales (when userbase plays a smaller part , IMO)

WOW, HD consoles have over 55% of the UK top 40 to themselves.