By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we ever stop calling doom on consoles?

For the longest time either in these forum or on other sites lots of people say that either console is doomed for whatever reason. It has happened with all the consoles and is really annoying at leats it is to me.

Can´t we just agree that they´ve all been successfull and just enjoy them all?

I mean look at the wii for example. It has been called doomed many times because of decreasing sales and yet it managed to sell 74 mill already. I think that is very impresive if you compare to the gamecube so I wouldnt care if it stopped selling tomorrow. Also, it became nintendo´s best selling home console eventhough at first people thought nintendo would leave the hardware race. (maybe people just love to see the wii decreasing in sales, and by some people posts it seems kind of like a failure. yet I think what it has done is fantastic)

and look at the 360. Similar story when it goes down its all like "ohh DOOM" and ps3 is going to catch up in no time, but some people seem to ignore or maybe choose to ignore that it has already sold pretty much double of what the original xbox sold.  That is amazing and it has many super successfull games too. for a company that entered the hardware race very recently that is quite amazing. and the most impresive thing thing too is that it is not over yet. With more games to come and kinect it will sell many more consoles. I think is almost certain that it will outsell the nes and possible reach 40 mill. Now is that the definition of doom?

And then we have the ps3. you may argue that it has sold less than its predecessor, but it has only increased its sales with the years, and it still has a long way to go too. with many high profile games to come. Its has almost sold 40 mill which is very good too. and I have no doubt to think that it will outsell the snes too. now would you call doomed a console that could possibly be more successfull console then snes or even nes? I know I woulnt

I find it very annoying. I´d like to hear what you think about it.

Around the Network

But the PSP is doomed! :P

Acevil said:

:p I meant home consoles. psp did great against nintendo handhelds anyways

hallowedbeeddie said:
Acevil said:

:p I meant home consoles.

This forum won't change, it has a lot of anti-(insert console) people. One thing is doomed here, and another is doomed there. 

I'm Anti-Iphone...but that thing will never be doomed. 

Acevil said:
hallowedbeeddie said:
Acevil said:

This forum won't change, it has a lot of anti-(insert console) people. One thing is doomed here, and another is doomed there. 

yeah, I guess some people just love to hate

Around the Network
hallowedbeeddie said:
Acevil said:
hallowedbeeddie said:
Acevil said:

yeah, I guess some people just love to hate

Pretty much, and some like watching others go crazy, so they hate. 

But the PS3 is domed.

But Doom is great!

Also, this:

No, we can't stop.  Isn't that what forums are for?  For us to postulate our absurd ideas and allow other people to shoot us down (usually with equally absurd arguments).  Besides, it's always a good conversation starter.

Unfortunately nothing seems doomed at the moment.  Except PSP & PS2 and that's not news to anyone anymore.

When id Software releases Doom 5, then and only then.  In the meantime, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!