By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - This is how my desktop looks

Game_boy said:
konnichiwa said:
=/ I can't do it..I tried but somehow it just don't want to work.

I clicked on the cube thing on Compic config but it doesn't do anything.

What graphics card do you have? 

How do I check things like that in Ubuntu?

Around the Network

Wow , awesome ... 1gb isnt much ... most PCs have that ammount , but Il deffinatly have to update my Nvidia 7400 for this :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

konnichiwa said:
Game_boy said:
konnichiwa said:
=/ I can't do it..I tried but somehow it just don't want to work.

I clicked on the cube thing on Compic config but it doesn't do anything.

What graphics card do you have?

How do I check things like that in Ubuntu?

Well, there's System -> Preferences > Hardware Information, but it's not comprehensive or easy to understand. Look for "Radeon", "Geforce", "GMA", "Intel", "Nvidia"or "ATI".

Also try System -> Administration -> Restricted Drivers Manager. Is anything checked in that? 

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

@Gameboy...I have a Nvidia Geforce 2

konnichiwa said:
@Gameboy...I have a Nvidia Geforce 2

Well, it should work. Open the terminal, and type compiz. If it doesn't work, post whatever message appears here.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Sorry but terminal?

konnichiwa said:
Sorry but terminal?

Ah. Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal. It's like Command Prompt, or DOS.

Game_boy said:
cool48 said:
Is that Vista?, if it is they really copied MAC.

Of course not. It's Linux. They didn't "copy" Mac, because Linux is a mix-and-match thing so you can't seperate "the operating system" from "the programs users create and run".

I love Linux as much as the next guy, but a lot of those GUI features are straight from MacOS. 

WiiStation360 said:
Game_boy said:
cool48 said:
Is that Vista?, if it is they really copied MAC.

Of course not. It's Linux. They didn't "copy" Mac, because Linux is a mix-and-match thing so you can't seperate "the operating system" from "the programs users create and run".

I love Linux as much as the next guy, but a lot of those GUI features are straight from MacOS.

Yeah. So? It's free.

Game_boy said:
konnichiwa said:
Sorry but terminal?

Ah. Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal. It's like Command Prompt, or DOS.

I can't find Terminal =/.