By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii remote with wii motionplus built in is Real.

Skeeuk said:

just a quick Q regarding wiimotion

currys digital have red steel 2 on sale for only £2.95 get them while you can.

will red steel 2 work with a normal wiimote?

no, you need WM

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

But it wasn't for the purpose of milking. First of all, if the gyroscopes had been as small as they needed in 2005, or even 2006, they would have been included in the controller at launch. But the earliest ones reportedly were available in 2008 or 2009, which is when the Motion Plus launched.

Anyway, at that time, they could have included it in the Wiimote itself, but that would have been forcing customers to pay even more money for not only the extra motion control, but for a controller they already have. That was why the Motion Plus was optional, so that you would only have to buy the dongle.

This is not meant for people to buy all new controllers if they already have a Wiimote and Motiuon Plus. This is for people that want to get another one, or who haven't already.

AHEM!

Actually they were already small enough, and cheap too, in 2004:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WarioWare:_Twisted!

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wiimotionplus/vol1_page1.jsp

According to Nintendo they weren't small enough and cheap enough. They also had higher demands than the typical sensors in Cameras. They needed theirs to measure rotations 4 times faster than any camera gyro.

Sure, you could get a small one that met their specs, but you have to remember that Nintendo wasn't planning on selling the fastest selling console ever. They were planning on making a console that would sell and be cheap enough that they would survive even if they only managed GC level of sales.

The one used in the game already allowed to measure wrist flick angular speed.

I don't remember where I read it, but once I read it was too expensive when they still thought they'd have launched Wii at $200. When the horrible XB360 and even more horrible PS3 launch prices allowed them to price it at $250 it was too late to redesign and test the WiiMote in time for launch and even later to rewrite games near to completion. So it's not that they didn't want to include it, but neither that they couldn't, it's just that they knew too late they could have done it.

So a lucky strike that gave Ninty a lot more profits keeping the same competitive advantage on MS and Sony or even greater than predicted, but forced it to leave a (small) door open for PS Move, the pros were far greater than the cons anyway and Ninty can't pretend to have its cake and eat it too...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

nordlead said:

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wiimotionplus/vol1_page1.jsp

According to Nintendo they weren't small enough and cheap enough. They also had higher demands than the typical sensors in Cameras (and probably that game). They needed theirs to measure rotations 4 times faster than a typical camera gyro.

Sure, you could get a small one that met their specs, but you have to remember that Nintendo wasn't planning on selling the fastest selling console ever. They were planning on making a console that would sell and be cheap enough that they would survive even if they only managed GC level of sales.

When you look at disruption theory, leaving out things that you could sell as upgrades later makes a lot of sense for nintendo.

theprof00 said:

When you look at disruption theory, leaving out things that you could sell as upgrades later makes a lot of sense for nintendo.

???

How does planned obsolescence relate to disruption?

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

???

How does planned obsolescence relate to disruption?

It's just my opinion. Nintendo is staying with the market need. They could have released the wiimote with motion plus, but it would've been bigger and would have cost nintendo more, and frankly was unnecessary for market demand. This move is simply nintendo following the market need facilitated by disruption principles.

OTOH, this also underscores nintendo's entry into red ocean. This past e3 was a red ocean e3 for nintendo, and this revision seems clearly timed to match the move controller in form/ability.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Trust nintendo to sell the same hardware over and over again.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 with different hard drive sizes and slim models all say that you are cherry picking and need to stop.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

This really shouldn't be any surprise to anyone. What better way to kind of force MotionPlus support from developers if it's already integrated into the remote? They really should have been doing this from the beginning (once they had M set)...besides, I'm kinda tired of having to plug-in and take out the M . An integrated remote is quite welcome.

Bah!

@Toddifer  i could not agree more, unfortunatley I think its too late as it seems that 3rd party in general has not only moved on the the HDs but to their motion stuff too

oniyide said:

@Toddifer  i could not agree more, unfortunatley I think its too late as it seems that 3rd party in general has not only moved on the the HDs but to their motion stuff too

The problem is that third parties can't make Wii customers move to HD systems, no matter how hard they have been trying. This was their last hope to defeat the Wii, and so far, sales of the Move don't give much hope this will work.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@lordtheknight  oh relax the Move just came out. It hasnt even released in Japan yet and the KInect is not out. At least wait till after th holidays b4 saying those things are doomed. Jesus!!  I do agree that there not moving any Wii customer im just saying that this new controller automatically is not going to make 3rd parties jump at making motion games. I wish they would, but Ninty would have to completly discountinue motion add-on and the regular wiimote and since Ninty themselves have only made 2 games for the motion their damn selves I dont see that happening