By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Accessing data

hi all--is there an easy way to download all past monthly NPD data in a text file or something like that?  i have some models i kind of want to test out.

thanks in advance!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Is it actually 150k per year? How many companies can afford that? You could develop 2 DS games for the same money. 

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

ioi said:
Sorry, on a less flippant note - what data exactly are you after? Can't you find the equivalent on here?

he could, but aren't these numbers adjusted from what official NPD numbers say?

I'm not sure how to say this but it's illegal to hand out that kind of information. (EG: VG Chartz could get sued probibally for the number of years the data they handed out in bulk like that. so if 10 years was given out, VG Chartz could probibally get sued for 1.5million.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

yeah, that's the stuff i want, except i don't want to open pages for like 1000 times and copy and paste everything.

kwaad: well, it's already public data--vgcharts already has made everything accessible. worse case scenario you just do it manually 1000 times. if someone is gonna sue vgcharts, they already have a case. in any case, maybe distributing would be an "official" endorsement.

i can write a script and query against the vgcharts backend--it's just that i don't know how to quite do that. maybe someone can give me a pointer? i usually use perl, just haven't done much with queries.

the Wii is an epidemic.