By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom: DMC4's 2.7m sales NOT enough, wants 5 MILLION plus from reboot!!

Capcom: DMC4's 2.7m sales NOT enough, wants 5 MILLION plus from reboot!!

It'll Happen for sure, new Dante is cool YO! 4 1.52%

It'll outsell DMC4 at le... 31 11.74%

HA! It'll sell even wors... 229 86.74%

Total:264

That explains their outreach to the Twilight fanbase.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

there is one option missing in the poll:

i like this thread better because it has a dog in it

lol Dogs FTW!

I was gonna do a Dogs > New Dante option

but then I reckoned the poll would become too one sided in terms of votes!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This pretty much confirms that Capcom want to start mainstreaming as much as possible, which in turn, will cause their quality to suffer even further.

5 million copies sold, however, is a very ambitious goal, and honestly, I doubt they'll achieve it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

lol.  They'll be lucky if it even sells half that.  Capcom's totally mismanaged DMC, the fanbase is furious and I'd imagine most of those 2.7m who bought DMC4 won't be going for Ninja Theory's game.

I'm dreading the inevitable RE6-by-Gearbox announcement...

jarrod said:

lol.  They'll be lucky if it even sells half that.  Capcom's totally mismanaged DMC, the fanbase is furious and I'd imagine most of those 2.7m who bought DMC4 won't be going for Ninja Theory's game.

I think that they could do 4mil possibily. and i think it could be a very good game. if you look at God of War 1 - 3 they all sold more than 3mil and its possible GOW3 will pass 4mil, on one platform alone. i think Ninja Theory will make the game more accessible to the western auidence while still maintaining and improving elements from before.

personally i thought DMC4 wasnt a very good game, and the design of Dante didnt look right in that either. so imo NT have a chance to reboot the series and bring in a whole new legion of fans... the only thing i dont agree with is Dante's new design... that aside i think they could do great things for the series.

Around the Network

Capcom is just setting themselves up for another disappointment.  Look foward to another Inafune rant somewhere down the line.

A203D said:
jarrod said:

I think that they could do 4mil possibily. and i think it could be a very good game. if you look at God of War 1 - 3 they all sold more than 3mil and its possible GOW3 will pass 4mil, on one platform alone. i think Ninja Theory will make the game more accessible to the western auidence while still maintaining and improving elements from before.

personally i thought DMC4 wasnt a very good game, and the design of Dante didnt look right in that either. so imo NT have a chance to reboot the series and bring in a whole new legion of fans... the only thing i dont agree with is Dante's new design... that aside i think they could do great things for the series.

4m is never going to happen.  And honestly, I think this'll end up being the worst selling DMC yet.  Even worse than DMC2.

capcom are really crappy devs, im gonna make a thread about them soon. i think they are delusional!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

jarrod said:

Please no they have ruined RE enough!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

im gonna make a capcom hate thread soon!!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good