By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "Buttons are irreplaceable"

I think this is a fairly true statement, but only in the present time. Like wfz said, we may someday reach a point where traditional, mechanical buttons will be circumvented by a more direct control scheme. For now, however, they are irreplaceable. For certain things.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Around the Network
wfz said:
Jinova said:

It is obviously a jab at Kinect, but there is some truth to it.  How the hell can you play Halo without buttons??

I take it you didn't watch Futurama back when it first aired.

You are correct,  never watched it.  I know its a cartoon, and set in the future, but thats about it.

Tifa got MOVES!

Eye of Judgment officially sucks.

Thanks for the useful information Sony.

I'll remember that the next time I'm dancing around with my Move controllers in my hand, playing a dance game.

In other news: "Rumble is last gen"

~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

A world without buttons?! Madness!!!

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

"Show Dick Some Respect!!!"... J/k Richard is the man... He's says we need buttons, then we need buttons! KB Approves as well - so it's in the bag :D 

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

120M iOS and 135M DS say that touch screen takes their buttons and makes them obsolete.

Tease.

Mr.Metralha said:

Eye of Judgment officially sucks.

Thanks for the useful information Sony.

“I think that you can do some things really well with just a camera, or just a 3D camera, but there’s just some stuff you can’t do as well."

Jinova said:

It is obviously a jab at Kinect, but there is some truth to it.  How the hell can you play Halo without buttons??

With your mind!!!!!

Or with a mouse and keyboard (technically not buttons), like I first played it. :P

Lastgengamer said:

LOL...wut O_____0=====D- - - - Derp...!!!

Does this mean we'll be seeing steel battalion on the ps3 after all?