By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you happy with the way VGC tracks Move sales ?

Are you happy with the way VGC tracks Move sales ?

No. They should track total # of units sold. 53 32.92%

Yes ! Its fine. 78 48.45%

Include the real number sold in brackets ! 30 18.63%

Total:161
Fufinu said:
zgamer5 said:

its fine, as long as they list the sale of total stand alone move controllers. as i and many people will only get the controller and the nav(or use a dualshock 3) to play games like kz3, infamous 2 and socom 4 which dont require a ps eye.

erm you still need the eye for move to work.

so the move cant work without the eye? i want proof!!!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
Fufinu said:
zgamer5 said:

its fine, as long as they list the sale of total stand alone move controllers. as i and many people will only get the controller and the nav(or use a dualshock 3) to play games like kz3, infamous 2 and socom 4 which dont require a ps eye.

Lol, it doesn't work without the Eye, and that's a fact. The only thing you can do with without an eye is to navigate the XMB.

Rainbird said:
zgamer5 said:
Fufinu said:
zgamer5 said:

Lol, it doesn't work without the Eye, and that's a fact. The only thing you can do with without an eye is to navigate the XMB.

damn :( now im going to have to spend more money. curse you sony!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
Fufinu said:
zgamer5 said:

Just for you I removed my Eyetoy while using Move and boy, did things grind to a halt pretty quickly.

No Eye, no input for glowing orb, no workie.

You need the Eye.  Unless you just want to navigate the XMB.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It looks like pretty good estimate to me.

We know move userbase is higher than   Number of Sports Champion sold but below total number of wands sold (including all bundles)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

@ioi

For me just accurate numbers for Move/Kinect titles like Sport Champions is fine.

The sales of software (games) will define the success or not of Move/Kinect.

10M Move/Kinects sold and just 100k software is fail.

ArnoldRimmer said:

I think the general method is absolutely fine, the only thing that might be wrong about it is the estimation how many percent of standalone Move controllers were sold to people who already own a Playstation eye and not as secondary controllers. That number can currently only be guessed I think, so it could be quite a bit different.

What I find quite surprising by the way is the significantly different ratio of starter packs/standalone move controllers.

In Europe they sold 70000 starter packs but only 30000 move controllers (233%)

In the Americas they sold only 50000 starter packs, but 35000 move controllers (142%)

I would have expected that the average number of additional move controllers bought is rather similar between Europe and the US.

More eyetoys already existing in Others because it has seen the release of Eyepet, whereas America hasn't.

Just a guess btw

zgamer5 said:
Rainbird said:
zgamer5 said:
Fufinu said:
zgamer5 said:

damn :( now im going to have to spend more money. curse you sony!

hehe you really thought you could just move the crosshair in shooters without a sensor bar or a camera ? ^^

I'm not trying to mock you, I just find that pretty funny.

My main problem with it is, when did VGC become a site that estimates "active userbase"?  Am I wrong in assuming the year or so I've been here that those HW and SW numbers on the main page are estimates of sold-to-customer?  Or did I miss something, and this whole time they have accounted for failure rates and replacements (I know this is definitely not the case)? And didn't the article say preliminary SALES, not preliminary ACTIVE USERBASE?  So why are we even trying to calculate that, especially considering how almost completely impossible it is?  Or if you want to calculate it fine, but don't say, "Well this estimation on unique users is the sales numbers now."

I mean really you're giving an unfair advantage to other devices, especially Kinect (we know the comparisons will be made).  Basically, you're saying ONE unit of Kinect sold, even if it's multiple to one person/household, count as ONE unit sold here.  But with Move, TWO or even THREE units of Move controllers sold may be counted as ONE unit, since it could be multiple units sold to one person/household.  How does that make sense at all?

thismeintiel said:

My main problem with it is, when did VGC become a site that estimates "active userbase"?  Am I wrong in assuming the year or so I've been here that those HW and SW numbers on the main page are estimates of sold-to-customer?  Or did I miss something, and this whole time they have accounted for failure rates and replacements (I know this is definitely not the case)? And didn't the article say preliminary SALES, not preliminary ACTIVE USERBASE?  So why are we even trying to calculate that, especially considering how almost completely impossible it is?  Or if you want to calculate it fine, but don't say, "Well this estimation on unique users is the sales numbers now."

I mean really you're giving an unfair advantage to other devices, especially Kinect (we know the comparisons will be made).  Basically, you're saying ONE unit of Kinect sold, even if it's multiple to one person/household, count as ONE unit sold here.  But with Move, TWO or even THREE units of Move controllers sold may be counted as ONE unit, since it could be multiple units sold to one person/household.  How does that make sense at all?

We'll get both "active userbase" and standalone Move controllers numbers , don't forget about that , it's more acceptable that way.