By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Super Mario Bros Wii rated GAME OF THE YEAR by CESA + lots more awards

Good to see Heavy Rain on the list. An awesome game on the first playthrough. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Boutros said:
Acevil said:
Boutros said:

More importantly, Heavy Rain makes the list. A western game in a Japanese award show. That gotta be rare. Japan is really conservative when it comes to their culture.

Not really more than any other country I would say.

How would you explain the reception of the Xbox brand in Japan then? The efforts Microsoft invested are in vain for a reason.

So one product that didn't do well in Japan makes it alright to say the culture is conservative?

Edit: Personally I don't care about the culture thing, but it gets annoying that it is an excuse. (or in this case used to explain something.)

Whether you are annoyed or not doesn't change anything lol

You can't deny that they are a isolated society and they are proud of their culture. And this fact has been said a lot by Japanese developers who are accusing the Japanese population of being close-minded.

so in a way.... it did win an overall goty award (even if it was tad biased)

morenoingrato said:

so in a way.... it did win an overall goty award (even if it was tad biased)

As if every other goty isn't biased.

Love and tolerate.

Nice to see Bayonetta get some recognition too, though I think it will be getting a lot of Action awards (even if it's generally overshadowed by God of War)

Around the Network

Great news now bring on NSMB Wii 2 !!!

very cool to se nsmbw there. I really love it. At first I didn´t find it that speacial but then I got it to 100% and I gotta say it was amazing and so much replay value. some stages are amazing

well deserved

It deserved more GotY awards IMO

So that brings the grand total up to 1. Congrats.