By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When will Core Western Games for Kinect be Revealed?

RolStoppable said:

Why would the Japanese do this?

By the way, which games have been announced by them?

Read a good article about this just last week.  Said it was a good time and place to start announcing core Kinect titles.  Wont confuse the moms in the US who are the leaders of the demographic MS is going for with Kinect and the hardcore will find out about the first core games from the TGS because we pay attention to those sorts of things.

Also since when isnt an on rails hardcore?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Why would the Japanese do this?

By the way, which games have been announced by them?

A Steel Battalion, Panzer Dragoon, a horror from sega and another from Suda51 and summit else I've forgotten ...

Okay, that makes at least some sense. All games either have an Xbox history or their developers are flat out crazy.

Did it ever perhaps occur to you that they could jsut have good ideas involving Kinect and it made more sense doing the game using Kinect than any other device? Japanese developers support the X360 and they have been sicne its launch. Where have you been?

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I suspect Kinect integration to become the standard with occasional Kinect only games over time. So maybe a FPS with  actually throwing a grenade or something.

I think MSFT needs to backpeddle on their "no controller" standpoint and just embrace Kinect as a companion piece to help immerse th euser. It would help in the long run once th enovelty wears off, imo. So hopefully the reason we arent seeing core western games announced is because they want to keep the hype on Kinect being strctly no controller to differentiate through the holiday, then GDC as a companion.

I would imagine Forza Kinect, might be the only true core game out west for a while.

I'm not sure but I found this:

"Among the elite publishers actively working on games for “Project Natal” are Activision Blizzard, Bethesda Softworks, CAPCOM, Disney Interactive, Electronic Arts, Konami, MTV Games, Namco Bandai, Sega, Square Enix, THQ Inc. and Ubisoft"

The bolded ones have not yet announced any games as far as I know.  Doesn't mean they are going to be hardcore but I found it interesting.  That list is from 2009.

Around the Network

i dont know why ms tries to even make core kinect games, with the limitations it has i have huge debts about the titles actually having "core" and fun gameplay.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

steverhcp02 said:

I suspect Kinect integration to become the standard with occasional Kinect only games over time. So maybe a FPS with  actually throwing a grenade or something.

I think MSFT needs to backpeddle on their "no controller" standpoint and just embrace Kinect as a companion piece to help immerse th euser. It would help in the long run once th enovelty wears off, imo. So hopefully the reason we arent seeing core western games announced is because they want to keep the hype on Kinect being strctly no controller to differentiate through the holiday, then GDC as a companion.

I agree and disagree with you at the same time.

I'll be more specific: I think MS is specifically going after the "no controller" games for the launch of Kinect to differentiate Kinect from it's motion controlling competition.  To that end I think the first round of Kinect games have been specifically chosen to not need/use the controller.

Once they feel they have solidified that image (of "controller free") they can start bringing games in which utilze standard controllers in conjunction with Kinect.

That is at least my 2 cent anlaysis of the situation.

zgamer5 said:

i dont know why ms tries to even make core kinect games, with the limitations it has i have huge debts about the titles actually having "core" and fun gameplay.

Limitations only if you're trying to emulate a traditional control scheme.  The whole point is to provide a new experience that isn't possible with traditional controls.  There is a reason developers are excited about the tech.

daroamer said:
zgamer5 said:

Limitations only if you're trying to emulate a traditional control scheme.  The whole point is to provide a new experience that isn't possible with traditional controls.  There is a reason developers are excited about the tech.

yes and with those limitations i dont think its possible to bring a core experience. star wars kinect is on rails and possibly the only thing you could do is slash with a lightsaber. i understand devs being excited, but why make a core game? it sound impossible to hit it right it. ever since natal was anounced im having mental breakdowns about how and why ms wants to make kinect core games. unless they to like the ipod and put like buttons on the screen and you have to wave at them.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

So the argument is that on rails games cant be core? I guess that makes Panzer Dragoon Orta and Killer 7 casual games.