By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty 5 back to World War II

COD4 will remain the best call of duty for ever.

mM
Around the Network

I don't know if you guys realized this or not, but it's not like the "Modern Warfare" idea isn't being overdone either. If you want to complain about WW2, you should probably be complaining just about as much about the "Modern" shooters too.

Ever since Battlefield 2, tons of people are coming out with the modern shooter. I thought CoD4 made it more apparent than anything that other companies were following the Battlefield lead. Practically copying the name given to the console Battlefield was nothing short of blatant, IMO.

I don't care what the setting is, I just want new IP's, not Call of Duty 16. If the game is good, then the game is good. Who cares about the setting? I think we should be complaining about fresher storylines, not fresher timelines.

What they should really do is something along the lines of Command and Conquer. They should start an alternate timeline sort of story for it. Say that Soviet Union never fought against Germany and that the war spread. That way they can at least introduce new weapons and new locales and even new scenarios as opposed to the same "I gotta defend this country AGAIN?"

endurance said:
i wonder why activision changes the developers each year for COD

Infinity Ward refuses to do the series yearly.  They want to do it right and take two years for each one.

As far as I'm concerned the Treyarch games should be under a different series name...  They are similar to CoD but they don't have near the polish.  Infinity Ward has exceptional writing and they know how to make gameplay great.  Treyarch has average writing and is a average knock off in comparison.

I predict next year's CoD will have poor sales.  Activision has to start watching things...  Yearly CoD's, Guitar Hero's, Tony Hawk's, etc. are degrading the series' and to tell you the truth making them just as bad as EA was in recent years... 

It's official:

All gamers should skip the odd-numbered Call of Duty games.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
endurance said:
world war 2 settings should stop

Well, maybe this could work out for their benefit. Since there's so many WW2 shooters out there, maybe they'll go the route of Phalanx. There were so many space shooters out (nowhere near as many as WW2 shooters) during the 16 bit era that they put some old guy with a banjo on their cover just to distinguish themselves SOMEHOW.

COD 5, we're a different WW2 shooter, just look at our cover!

Guess i'm the only one that still likes WW2 games. It's still the best era for warfare based games if we're going real life.

Haven't had a big "Clean" war after that. WW1 was trench combat, and the guns before that load waaay to slow for your average WW game.

say goodbye to UAVs, Chopper support, Airstrikes, Claymores, Flash gernades, Stun gernades blah blah etc. etc.

Man, they should just make a continuation of CoD4. Its a near perfect game, why mess with it? It makes no sense.

i first thought cod5 will be set in ww1 this time but man anther ww2 shooter dang if i want to play ww2 ill go play the orignal cod or 2 then the new ones
sigh ww2 being over used when they went to modern i was like yay but now when i see this im sad :(

sony and nintendo supporter

i  do not trust microsoft they screwed me over the last time with vista

I'm happy they are taking it back to WWII.