By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty 5 back to World War II

Hope not.

Around the Network

bleh, I hate any WW2 games. That setting just doesn't appeal to me in the least.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

i wonder why activision changes the developers each year for COD

I vote a petition to start WWIII so there won't be anymore WWII games.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

The second World War, eh? hm... It's crazy, but it just might work!

Really, what the hell?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
lame. infinty wards ones are better and sell better than the trash treyarch makes. i don't get why activsion gave the franchise back to treyarch after COD4 turned out the most critically and commercially successful entry in the series.

It sounds like they're doing that because they're milking the franchise ungodly amounts by turning it into a yearly series.  To do that, you can't have one developer since this game takes slightly longer than a year.  They instead are rotating the developers.

So treyarch made COD 3 and 5 and maybe 7

And IW made 2 and 4 and prolly 6 I'm guessing. 

To me, WWII games are fine as long as they are well done, a la the ones that Infinity Ward has done.  It is when console only slop is made by worse developers that it gets annoying.

And speaking of Activision and their franchises: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/12/05

That and the corresponding comic.

Crazzyman says:

"FFXIII will sell over 10 mln. don`t worry."

"FFXIII is ONLY possible on PS3.
it`s not a multiplatform, because the game is NOT possible at THIS quality on any other platform." (Posted on 7/13/08)

"SMG in best case will reach:
1.1. mln. in Japan
2 mln. in Europe
3.9 in Usa
maximaum +200k in every region. =]"

COD3 realy messed up because every level was very similar, unlike COD2 were there were campaigns in Russia, Africa and in Europe. There was a lot more variety in COD2. As long as Treyarch don't screw up again and do every mission in French city or French country-side, it should be okay, better than COD3, not as good as COD2 or COD4.

WWII should only be used for stratagy games. There are far to many FPS WWII games out there.

I wasn't a fan of COD3. Neither was Infinity Ward. During an office visit to Infinity Ward, Game Informer said the game files on their PCs were slugged "COD3.exe"

Yes, Infinity Ward did COD2 - awesome and COD4 - even better ... they should go near future, or take on a singular form, like SOCOM - they did an excellent job on the final airline hostage mission. That and the gunship mission were my favorite ones.