By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Industry Insight: Making FPSs Work on Wii

Source

For our first Industry Insight feature, Lead Designer and Producer for Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Matt Tomporowski has written a postmortem on Heroes 2, outlining exactly what the team went through in achieving the final control setup in its first Wii – and console – effort.

Enjoy.

Read the article. Its 3 pages and interesting. Hopefully all future generations of FPS on Wii will learn from MoH:Heroes 2 and MP3 to perfect the genre experience on Wii.

Around the Network

Now for their next trick - figuring out how to get FPS to SELL on the Wii.

It's a shame MoH:H2 isn't selling better.  Not a great game, IMO, but poor sales will result in few FPS on Wii.

Easy, put in big name FPS, especially a really good exclusive.

I don't think a Wii version of a PSP game not lighting up the charts would put off developers looking to make an exclusive FPS.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Gamerace said:

That's easy; World War 2 ended a long time ago people! Get over it!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

mario with guns...

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

Maybe Activison can do this for COD5 by hopefully putting it on Wii. That'd be awesome. And their James Bond game of course.

World War 2 never even started. I still call it "The Great War". It took Europe by storm twice, morphed into the Cold War, and then morphed into the War on Terrorism, which sadly can't end 'cuz you can't kill an ideology.

Yes, I'm over one hundred years old.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Every genre will be represented on the Wii, and maybe even some new genres will only come to the Wii due to its exclusive control schemes. Who knows!

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

stof said:
Gamerace said:

That's easy; World War 2 ended a long time ago people! Get over it!

i want german gunfood^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.