By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are Christians and North American's cowards?

babuks said:
sapphi_snake said:
ConnorJCP said:

how have they broken them?

Wearing Burkas in situations when it's not allowed, muslim doctors refusing to wash their hands before surgeri, muslim men beating their wives and expecting to get away with it, their overall sexism etc.

And don't forget - 

Christians -

1. make their women prostitutes

In some western countries its legal for women to be prositutes, has to be by choice rather than forced though. Forced prosititution is very very illegal.

2. drink alcohol and take human lives by accidents

Things such as DUI are illegal in the west.

3. do incest with blood relations

In many western countries that is illegal actually, at least with ones close enough to significantly increase the chance of birth defects.

4. wear short and sexy dresses so many people get excited and commit rape on innocent girls even if there are prostitutes available. Look at the sex related crimes in Christian countries.

The western view is that it's the rapists fault not the girls. Also you're fooling yourself if you believe that there are fewer sex related crimes in the Middle-East, it's just that many go unreported due to the fact that women can be punished for being raped in several countries.

5. Talk about freedom of speech but don't let others talk (Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan)

Iraqis and Afghans have more freedom of speech and press now than before the wars. Also I fail to see how they have stopped Iranis having freedom of speech, that's all down to their government.

6. make relations outside their marital relations. Adultery is common nowadays. So, why would you blame Muslims for sexism. Look at your own condition. At least Muslims legalize the sex by marrying. Christians simply have sex and take no responsibility whatsoever.

Cultural difference here, sex outside of marriage isn't really viewed as that shameful in the western world. If you use protection there is little risk of either STDs or pregnancy, what responsibility is needed?

7. Invade others and try to impose what they think 'right'. The example of Crusedars is in front of us and we saw what the Christian world did in Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam. Now they are planning to do the same with Iran for a crime which they committed several years ago (making of nuclear bomb) and applied it on innocent people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 

I'm not going to argue that the western world having nukes is right or that the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was justified. That doesn't matter. What does matter is that Iran having a nuke would be very bad for peace in the Middle East.

This list can go on but I want to put a fullstop here. Why should I blame the religion for the acts of its followers. The followers can be wrong, the followers can misinterpret the scriptures. 

So, I would blame those persons involved, if it is a muslim committing crime, I will condemn him, and if it is a Christian or Jew, I will condemn him too and not the religion.

Around the Network
whatever said:
TheRealMafoo said:

That I agree with, but your argument is just false.

It's like saying your going to spend a night in jail, and they are going to throw you in a cell with a criminal. You have a choice get thrown in with a rapist murderer, or a guy who passed a bad check. When asked what cell you want, you reply "there both criminals, it makes no difference".

I am not saying Christianity is not full of problems, or that there history is horrible, I am just saying the extremists of Christianity today, is no where near the level extreme Islam is today.

Why can't you agree that that's true? It sounds like you feel if you agree with that, you have somehow defended a religion or obviously hate, thus you won't do it.

Wait, you are seriously saying that raping innocent young children is a misdemeanor compared to killing civilians in a terrorist attack.  Sorry, but picking which of these crimes is worse is akin to splitting hairs in my book.

God you're hard headed.

You do realize the percentage of Priest that rape innocent children, is lower then the average male population? The problem with the Catholic church is not the raping (it should be Zero, but it's better then average). The problem is them then trying to cover it up.

If Islam had less then the average number if terrorists then the rest of the religions, and there only real crime was trying to cover up the fact that they had any, then it would be the same.

It's not. Extreme Islam is worse then Extreme Christianity. You're going to lose your argument that they are the same, because your wrong. I suggest you just drop it, or risk continuing to look like a fool.

Smidlee said:
babuks said:
sapphi_snake said:
ConnorJCP said:

Wearing Burkas in situations when it's not allowed, muslim doctors refusing to wash their hands before surgeri, muslim men beating their wives and expecting to get away with it, their overall sexism etc.

And don't forget - 

Christians -

4. wear short and sexy dresses so many people get excited and commit rape on innocent girls even if there are prostitutes available. Look at the sex related crimes in Christian countries.

5. Talk about freedom of speech but don't let others talk (Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan)

6. make relations outside their marital relations. Adultery is common nowadays. So, why would you blame Muslims for sexism. Look at your own condition. At least Muslims legalize the sex by marrying. Christians simply have sex and take no responsibility whatsoever.

7. Invade others and try to impose what they think 'right'. The example of Crusedars is in front of us and we saw what the Christian world did in Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam. Now they are planning to do the same with Iran for a crime which they committed several years ago (making of nuclear bomb) and applied it on innocent people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 

This list can go on but I want to put a fullstop here. Why should I blame the religion for the acts of its followers. The followers can be wrong, the followers can misinterpret the scriptures. 

So, I would blame those persons involved, if it is a muslim committing crime, I will condemn him, and if it is a Christian or Jew, I will condemn him too and not the religion.

1) Christians preaches against prostitution as it's not Christ-like.

2)Christians stands against alcohol and drug abuse as it's not Christ-like. Now there are many Christians  who used to be drunks before they became Christians.

3) Again Christians stands against this.

4) Christians preaches christian women should dress modes

5) Freedom  of speech in the Constutition of USA. This freedom helps make the governemnt accountable to the people.   Christianity is about holding your tongue. 

6) Christians preaches against adultery but doesn't agree the government should kill or punished those who commit such act.

7) Christians continuely to fight against these "politicial " churches until finally in America they got the freedom of religion.... more like freedom from these polticial churches. Americans still today want to have some distance between the church and government.

it's seems as if you both blame the religion and not the poeple! people are not there religion, but religion has made people persecute.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Smidlee said:
babuks said:
sapphi_snake said:
ConnorJCP said:

And don't forget - 

Christians -

2)Christians stands against alcohol and drug abuse as it's not Christ-like. Now there are many Christians  who used to be drunks before they became Christians.

5) Freedom  of speech in the Constutition of USA. This freedom helps make the governemnt accountable to the people.   Christianity is about holding your tongue. 

6) Christians preaches against adultery but doesn't agree the government should kill or punished those who commit such act.

7) Christians continuely to fight against these "politicial " churches until finally in America they got the freedom of religion.... more like freedom from these polticial churches. Americans still today want to have some distance between the church and government.

it's seems as if you both blame the religion and not the poeple!

I'm referring to actual people as Christians.

Smidlee said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Smidlee said:
babuks said:
sapphi_snake said:
ConnorJCP said:

And don't forget - 

Christians -

it's seems as if you both blame the religion and not the poeple!

I'm referring to actual people as Christians.

yea the flawless human lol.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
whatever said:
TheRealMafoo said:

It's like saying your going to spend a night in jail, and they are going to throw you in a cell with a criminal. You have a choice get thrown in with a rapist murderer, or a guy who passed a bad check. When asked what cell you want, you reply "there both criminals, it makes no difference".

I am not saying Christianity is not full of problems, or that there history is horrible, I am just saying the extremists of Christianity today, is no where near the level extreme Islam is today.

Why can't you agree that that's true? It sounds like you feel if you agree with that, you have somehow defended a religion or obviously hate, thus you won't do it.

Wait, you are seriously saying that raping innocent young children is a misdemeanor compared to killing civilians in a terrorist attack.  Sorry, but picking which of these crimes is worse is akin to splitting hairs in my book.

God you're hard headed.

You do realize the percentage of Priest that rape innocent children, is lower then the average male population? The problem with the Catholic church is not the raping (it should be Zero, but it's better then average). The problem is them then trying to cover it up.

If Islam had less then the average number if terrorists then the rest of the religions, and there only real crime was trying to cover up the fact that they had any, then it would be the same.

It's not. Extreme Islam is worse then Extreme Christianity. You're going to lose your argument that they are the same, because your wrong. I suggest you just drop it, or risk continuing to look like a fool.

I was responding directly to your analogy that one crime was akin to "passing a bad check".  For a guy that claims to have a 165 IQ, you certainly don't know how to present a coherent, intelligent argument.

Your statement about priests vs. the entire male population is not true since no one knows what percentage of the entire male population are child molesters. That statement is just made up, either by you or someone that you read it from.

The problem was not that it was covered up, but that it was allowed to continue.  Priests were moved from one congregation to another knowing they had molested children and were likely to molest again.  Despicable.

Are there extremist individuals that are using Islam to push a violent agenda, yes.  Are they worse than anyone using Christianity right now, yes.  Does this in any way mean that Islam is worse than Christianity, hell no.  As I've shown, and will continue to show if you insist, is that Christianity can and has been used in the same manner.  To ignore this is or to claim otherwise is foolish.  If you want to continue, it will be you that continues to play the fool.

whatever said:
TheRealMafoo said:
whatever said:
TheRealMafoo said:

God you're hard headed.

I was responding directly to your analogy that one crime was akin to "passing a bad check".  For a guy that claims to have a 165 IQ, you certainly don't know how to present a coherent, intelligent argument.

Your statement about priests vs. the entire male population is not true since no one knows what percentage of the entire male population are child molesters. That statement is just made up, either by you or someone that you read it from.

The problem was not that it was covered up, but that it was allowed to continue.  Priests were moved from one congregation to another knowing they had molested children and were likely to molest again.  Despicable.

Are there extremist individuals that are using Islam to push a violent agenda, yes.  Are they worse than anyone using Christianity right now, yes.  Does this in any way mean that Islam is worse than Christianity, hell no.  As I've shown, and will continue to show if you insist, is that Christianity can and has been used in the same manner.  To ignore this is or to claim otherwise is foolish.  If you want to continue, it will be you that continues to play the fool.

Your right. A religion that states you should kill when the conditions are right is no worse then a religion that states you should never kill.

I am done. You have a hatred for Christianity, and due to it you have no ability to reason. A waist of my time.

TheRealMafoo said:
whatever said:
TheRealMafoo said:
whatever said:
TheRealMafoo said:

God you're hard headed.

Your right. A religion that states you should kill when the conditions are right is no worse then a religion that states you should never kill.

I am done. You have a hatred for Christianity, and due to it you have no ability to reason. A waist of my time.

This has been proven false by myself and others in this very thread.  You apparently want to simply ignore this.  I give a rational argument and you make statements that have already been proven false.  So who doesn't have the ability to reason?

@Rath and MarcusDJackson,

You have answered my questions and quite logically I admit them. But you should think of the same about Islam and Muslims. Because Quran say good things and prohibits bad things. But some people do not follow them. So, why blame all Muslims or Islam for that?

Some people quote Quran out of context and say that Quran tells about killing non-Muslims. That is not true. Most of the verses relating to killing are in the context of war and most of the time the verses are in defensive mode; for example, if non-muslims want to kill you, kill them. 

In fact, Quran says, "that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind." So, anyone does not follow the Quran and do mischief and kill people, Quran and Islam should not be blamed. 

So, I would say we should ignore those filthy persons and establish the real peaceful society of which the religions talk.

babuks said:
sapphi_snake said:
ConnorJCP said:

And don't forget - 

Christians -

wow, im speechless...