By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Reach sales shouldn't count - MUST have *

Okay let's clear the air. Day 1 and week 1 sales of Halo Reach will be huge......... BUT it is NOT FAIR that Walmart and Amazon and countless other retailers are offering $20 gift cards.

These sales are now "tainted" in my opinion and should not count, or have an asterisk next to them indicating if records are broken it is because retailers were practically giving the game away.

Around the Network

I preordered mine for 20$. How will MS make a profit lol?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

lol, your topic is fail.

Not fair, i would have still bought it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

This is like those Mario Kart Wii sales we didn't count because people bought it for the steering wheel.. right?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

this thread can't be real................

that is absolutely ridiculous, easily 90% of games now offer pre-order bonuses.  So your saying from now on almost every single games sales shouldn't count?

........... did you actually say "it's not fair"?????????

I believe this goes even beyond epic fail. 

We definitely shouldn't be counting games that get bundled either!!! It's not fair!! Put asterisks beside every top selling game that's ever been bundled or gone on sale!!! If it wasn't purchased as a stand alone item at full price it doesn't count!!!1one!

Funtime said:

We definitely shouldn't be counting games that get bundled either!!! It's not fair!! Put asterisks beside every top selling game that's ever been bundled or gone on sale!!! If it wasn't purchased as a stand alone item at full price it doesn't count!!!1one!

Exactly man....even if a game got 1 bundle it should not count.

Basically I think we should put an asterisk by every game that has ever come out and say these sales don't count because they are not fair...