By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiWare Demo Downloads Now Available in Japan

Just saw the blue light flashing on my Wii, with a message from Nintendo. WiiWare demos can now be downloaded from the Shopping Channel, and will be available for only a limited time. The only demo available at the moment is for "Surinuke Anatousu", a forced scroll puzzle game where you have to fit Tetris-like blocks through wall openings. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsavCVkKnE

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Around the Network

America used to had this as well with few WiiWare titles, but Nintendo stopped releasing those demos and I think they ultimately decided to not do any future demos as well because there are no more demos to download in the Wii Shop Channel presently. Hopefully Japan getting WiiWare demos means US will get more WiiWare demos again soon. I haven't downloaded Cavestory for Wii yet, but I want to play a demo of it before I pay 12$ for it because that 12$ could have gone to old Wii games I have yet to buy.

I downloaded the Bit Trip Beat one they offered a while ago

I had forgotten that there had been demo downloads available elsewhere in the past, so I guess this isn't the "big news" that I thought it might have been. 

Regardless, I'm glad that we finally are getting WiiWare demos in Japan. 

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Nintendo did this before in NA, after it was initially done in Japan.

My guess is that the same will happen again.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Hopefully this means they're thinking of bringing them back to the U.S. as well...

Please, please, please ring back WW demos to Europe as well! There are tons of WW games I want to try out!

t3mporary_126 said:

I haven't downloaded Cavestory for Wii yet, but I want to play a demo of it before I pay 12$ for it because that 12$ could have gone to old Wii games I have yet to buy.

You could just download the PC version for free, and treat it like a demo.

noname2200 said:
t3mporary_126 said:

I haven't downloaded Cavestory for Wii yet, but I want to play a demo of it before I pay 12$ for it because that 12$ could have gone to old Wii games I have yet to buy.

You could just download the PC version for free, and treat it like a demo.

I already have played Cavestory on the PC. In fact I replayed the game several times because it was that good. I just want to know if the WiiWare version has enough new content to justify 12$ when I can download the original game for free. Maybe I should actually start looking at reviews now.

t3mporary_126 said:

I already have played Cavestory on the PC. In fact I replayed the game several times because it was that good. I just want to know if the WiiWare version has enough new content to justify 12$ when I can download the original game for free. Maybe I should actually start looking at reviews now.

I can answer that for you:

No, the new content alone does not justify the price tag.  Curly Brace mode adds next to nothing, and the Boss Rush mode is only for those addicted to Boss Rushes.  The updated graphics and music are nice, but neither one justifies the $12 on their own.  Realistically, unless you want to give the devs your money, the WiiWare game isn't worth it for you.