By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create 12-2 Hardware Sales

Suspense? What suspense? The only way Nintendo could stop selling Wiis is if they stopped making them.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

On behalf of Leo-j and Diomedes, who cannot respond because a dog ate their computers, I officially whine that VGChartz's PS3 number should be lowered.

Somehwere in Japan 4 kids were just hanging out and playing GBA, and then 9 kids with GBASP's came by and made fun of them. Then 20 kids with GBM's came by and made fun of all of them. Then 36 kids with DS's came by and made fun of all of them. Then 124,591 businessmen and women and entire families and people of all ages ran by and bumrushed the hell out of everybody.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

darconi said:
Strange that Japan still isn't really posting anywhere close to the sales boost the US/Europe is seeing from the holidays.

I wonder when they normally rise and how much they rise by. Some of these numbers aren't too far off some of the summer weeks.

Well, keep in mind that Japan has almost zero presence in terms of Christianity (in fact, I think there might be more 360's in Japan than Christians), compared to US/Europe that are predominantly Christian and have centuries of religious traditions tying into it. Also, practically no Jews. That means that in Japan, the sales season would start later, since there are some Christian and Jewish traditions that would account for higher sales earlier in the holiday season for US/EU. Americans just love to buy shit up during the holidays as well, starting on Black Friday. Japan will probably see higher sales in a week or so heading into Christmas, and peak the week of New Years, which is traditionally a huge shopping week for Japan, as kids who get gifts of money called "Otoshidama" on New Years go out in droves to spend, spend, spend.

You cant really say who won this week #2 ... the sales difference is so small that it could even be an error ... :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Rubang B said:
Somehwere in Japan 4 kids were just hanging out and playing GBA, and then 9 kids with GBASP's came by and made fun of them. Then 20 kids with GBM's came by and made fun of all of them. Then 36 kids with DS's came by and made fun of all of them. Then 124,591 businessmen and women and entire families and people of all ages ran by and bumrushed the hell out of everybody.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that 4 people bought a GBA or that Media Create tracked them =)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!