By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Any Anime or Manga recommendations based on my list?

This thread probably didn't help you at all. I like quintupled posted

My personal Favorites are for TV shows
1a. Planetes
1b. Ghost In the Shell TV Series
3. Haibane Renmei

The one I'd recommend the most for you based on the anime you watched is Fullmetal Alchemist

But ones I'd recommend for you... besides obviously any Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon Film would be.
Elfen Lied (though a lot of naked... and illogical things)
Evangelion
Monster (though this is quite expensive to buy... so :D)

Around the Network

wtf

wtf

wtf

This thread probably didn't help you at all.

My personal Favorites are for TV shows
1a. Planetes
1b. Ghost In the Shell TV Series
3. Haibane Renmei

I thought I edited this... but Full Metal Alchemist. It's not in my top top tier, but it would be more easy for me to guess with greater certaintanty that you'd like it.

But ones I'd recommend for you... besides obviously any Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon Film would be.
Elfen Lied (though a lot of naked... and illogical things)
Evangelion
Monster (though this is quite expensive to buy... so :D)

Around the Network

wtf vgc boards suck sometimes

Necromunda said:
tarheel91 said:
Necromunda said:
*Snip*

Lmfao, so true, Code Geass holds the crown with amazing twists that you didn't remotely expect.

That's precisely the reason there are dozens of anime that come before it. :P  The plot doesn't develop logically at all.  It's feels like you're in different worlds between the different major plot twists.

Psh, the plot twists are perfectly logical! Just done really really well, it all makes sense and is coherent if you pay attention.

Lelouche would make decisions that miraculously work and we recieve no explanation on how he came up with it.  Many times, there's really no logic behind it; the creators are just banking on us accepting it because "Hey, Lelouche is a genius."  We frequently get random super powered robots out of no where whose only purpose is to turn the tide of the battle.  The "Live no matter what" command for Suzaku allows him to get out of nearly any situation, but half the time its never explained how he escapes impossible situation X.

The entire supernatural side of things is totally at odds with the first half of the show.  I think this is most clearly seen in the director's ability to end it with only one season depending on how successful it was (they had plans for that).  In the end, the shows appeal is plot twists and crazy stuff happening.  While that's nice and entertaining, it's not exactly the most sophisticated form of story telling, and the creators' reliance on such things prevents it from competing with masterpieces like Cowboy Bebop and Planetes.

tarheel91

you like planetes? O_o No one I talk to ever knows what it is :(

Go watch or read One Piece NOW ! :P

Also you have Full Metal Alchemist and I enjoyed Soul eater ... there are plenty others but they probably have been said by someone else :P

hatmoza said:
kopstudent89 said:
MANUELF said:

ONE PIECE

It should keep you busy until next year

THIS!

And btw really what list :P

Others i'd recommend are naruto, GTO, Slam Dunk, 20th century boys, death note, fairy tail, reborn etc...

:D:D I feel like rereading this epic manga! again!

Oh btw i totally forgot Full metal ALchemist!!! Definitely one of the best i've ever read, so bummed its over :(