By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Spoony One weighs in on Other M

LordTheNightKnight said:
wfz said:

My friend's father just retired from the Military. He was a Sergeant Major and he spent countless years over in the middle east. Ever since he came back, he has had PTSD where sometimes the scent of a BBQ will remind him of the burning bodies he could smell over there in the war.

Sometimes when they have a BBQ he is perfectly fine, and other times when they have a BBQ he becomes emotionally unstable and flips out. This is a badass Sergeant Major we're talking about, and he's 50 btw.

This is a true story, take it as you will Lord. I don't think you understand PTSD at all (based on what I read in the other thread).

Um, I have personal experience with it, so don't tell me I don't know about it.

Besides, that's still not solidly shown in the game. It seems to be just a fan justification for it.

In the other thread you said it was impossible that she was experiencing PTSD since she "had previously gotten over it." And you said "she didn't get PTSD last time, so why now?"

Those two lines show that you don't truly understand PTSD. I don't know what kind of experience you've had with it, since you didn't elaborate (funny how you called out others for not elaborating. Practice what you preach?).

What isn't solidly shown in the game? Her PTSD? Having traumatic experiences as a child due to Ridley kinda makes it common sense, doesn't it? Her disbelief that after she had thought she already killed him, he appears in front of her eyes alive? Or does the game need to freeze every five seconds and write 5 paragraph details about why Samus is reacting the way she is?