By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPGFan: Top 20 RPGs of the Last Decade

thelifatree said:
Killiana1a said:
darthdevidem01 said:

WORST LIST EVER

Where is OBLIVION?!

Why isn't FFX ahead of FFIX like it should be?!

Why is FALLOUT 3 there?

Where is pokemon gold?!

I have to go cry now, Darth doesn't like the Fallout series....Waaahmbulance incoming.

*Wipes eyes and nose with tissue* I have to agree, it is the WORST LIST EVAR!

Can someone tell me what Manga sushi sentei is? Did I spell that right? No I didn't, Shin Megami Tensei. Never heard of the game, is it another Final Fantasy clone with "Attack, magic, item?"

technically it would be a dragon quest clone :P because the first final fantasy copied dragon quest. so technically my favorite series is a copy :P

Technically, Earthbound is a Final Fantasy clone, which is a clone of Dragon Quest.

Yay! We have something in common! Our most favorite games is a JRPG!

Around the Network
thelifatree said:
Doobie_wop said:
thelifatree said:
Doobie_wop said:

Take Mass Effect out. Take at least 5 JRPG's out. Throw in some Oblivion, Demon's Souls, Pokemon, Mass Effect 2 and (maybe?) Fable. Mix them all together and you have a much better list instead of one seething with niche Japanese bias.

they forgot demon soul's (but this is japanese and niche :P) this list is going down in tatterz... atleast according to my opinion.

uhh mass effect 2 didn't come out until 2010

Yeah, well, the guy in your avatar has a weird looking arm. SO TAKE THAT!

well. haha. Sorry if I was rude. I didn't mean to be. I just can't type nicely on the keyboard. :P

You didn't explain his weird arm, so I still feel offended. This may be stretch, but I'm guessing he has something to do with some sort of animated feature about a young boy living in a lonely world who one day comes across a cute girl, the girl is overly eccentric and her troubled pass keeps following her. After a series of silly adventures, the girl is kidnapped by her evil twin brother and as she's being taken away, she throws you a necklace with a cross on it. The young boy sit's in the middle of the street, crying because he has lost his best friend and then he notices a bright light coming from his hand. It was the necklace with the cross. Reluctantly, he put's on the necklace and an explosion of light erupts from his chest, his body begins to change and a surge of power fill's his body. The boy has now become 'One Arm Longer Man' and with his new found powers, he won't rest until his friend is returned home safely. Along with his trusty friend, Diago the talking squirrel, he will go on a long and perilous journey, making new companions on the way and becoming stronger and stronger until the day he has to fight his friends evil twin brother. If only he knew, that the fate of the whole world, was in his hands.

I could be totally wrong though.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
thelifatree said:
Doobie_wop said:

Take Mass Effect out. Take at least 5 JRPG's out. Throw in some Oblivion, Demon's Souls, Pokemon, Mass Effect 2 and (maybe?) Fable. Mix them all together and you have a much better list instead of one seething with niche Japanese bias.

they forgot demon soul's (but this is japanese and niche :P) this list is going down in tatterz... atleast according to my opinion.

that's not a guy is a girl.

Killiana1a said:
darthdevidem01 said:

WORST LIST EVER

Where is OBLIVION?!

Why is FALLOUT 3 there?

Where is pokemon gold?!

I have to go cry now, Darth doesn't like the Fallout series....Waaahmbulance incoming.

*Wipes eyes and nose with tissue* I have to agree, it is the WORST LIST EVAR! Where is Fallout, Diablo, Planescape: Torment, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy 3 (6 in Japan), Secret of Mana, and my most favorite game ever, Earthbound?!

Can someone tell me what Manga sushi sentei is? Did I spell that right? No I didn't, Shin Megami Tensei. Never heard of the game, is it another Final Fantasy clone with "Attack, magic, item?"

Uh... what?  The only game on your list that was even released in the appropriate time period is Deus Ex, which I can sort of understand them excluding.  Also, your ignorance of SMT should be corrected IMMEDIATELY.  :)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

A list with of best RPGs and no Tales games?

Blasphemy!!!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
Killiana1a said:
darthdevidem01 said:

WORST LIST EVER

Where is OBLIVION?!

Why is FALLOUT 3 there?

Where is pokemon gold?!

*Wipes eyes and nose with tissue* I have to agree, it is the WORST LIST EVAR! Where is Fallout, Diablo, Planescape: Torment, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy 3 (6 in Japan), Secret of Mana, and my most favorite game ever, Earthbound?!

Uh... what?  The only game on your list that was even released in the appropriate time period is Deus Ex, which I can sort of understand them excluding.  Also, your ignorance of SMT should be corrected IMMEDIATELY.  :)

I will work on it. I am not promising anything, but once I find a good PS2 emulator, I will be looking for a Shin Megami Tensei rom asap.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Doobie_wop said:
thelifatree said:
Doobie_wop said:

Your to late, I already wrote a story about 'him'.

Read the post right above yours.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Doobie_wop said:
thelifatree said:
Doobie_wop said:

Your to late, I already wrote a story about 'him'.

Read the post right above yours.

sorry, didn't read it.

Fab_GS said:

#18- Ever 17: Out of Infinity (PC)

What's this? Never heard of it.

Galaki said:
Fab_GS said:

#18- Ever 17: Out of Infinity (PC)

What's this? Never heard of it.

From the site:-

"Ever17: Out of Infinity is a visual novel in KID's acclaimed Infinity series, and the only installment ever released in English by the short-lived publisher Hirameki. However, if there ever was an Infinity game to bring over in English, this was certainly it. Visual novels live and die by their storylines, and Ever17 has one of the most emotionally charged, intense, deep, and compelling storylines ever seen in a video game. The story's real beauty is that it offers a great balance of intense drama with quieter personal moments, fleshed-out characters, and complex themes about humanity without ever being obtuse, overwrought, or overworked. It appeals to every emotion of the human experience in a genuine and unforced way. After one playthrough, players will be hooked and keep playing it again and again until they unravel every last layer of plot and see every single good and bad ending. Words simply cannot describe how engaging the storyline is without revealing massive spoilers.

What's more, the superb cast of immersive characters is the heart and soul of the story. They develop in a believable fashion, and players will form emotional bonds with at least one, if not all, of them. Tsugumi Komachi is perhaps the best tragic heroine ever encountered in a video game. Her full story will move even the most hardened tough guy to tears. We have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating that players who thought Albedo in the Xenosaga series was an incredible character and a fascinating case study need to play Ever17 and meet Tsugumi.

Add to all this some gorgeous art direction and Takeshi Abo's poignant soundtrack, and it is clear that Ever17: Out of Infinity remains the pinnacle of visual novels."

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Top_20_RPGs_of_the_Last_Decade/20-18.html