By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC gaming hates me and I'm starting to hate it back.

Doobie_wop said:
blunty51 said:

Your OS is probably due for an overhaul. When last you did a re-install?

My computers about 3 months old, I'm using Windows 7. How would I do an overhaul and what would that achieve?

you should be fine on that front, but do you have anti-virus software running? Most new PCs these days come with a free trial of norton or the like and if you don't want to spend money there are some competent free alternatives available. as for you crysis issue could you post your specific error message, that would help fix the problem. 

When asking for help on these kinds of issues the more info you can give the better, I am fine at diagnosing problems when I can sit down at the machine and play around for some time but I have never been good at Internet/phone diagnostics. But if I can help I will, I just need some more info (yes I know what I said last night but it was 2AM lol) so yea post the error messages and possibly specs and I will see if I can help.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
shio said:

As for Dark Messiah and Crysis I don't know, both are supposed to be done well (Crysis at least).

But is that the same thing as "Elements of Might & Magic"?

Slimebeast said:
shio said:

As for Dark Messiah and Crysis I don't know, both are supposed to be done well (Crysis at least).

Yes and it's a great game, which only makes the situation worse. I've got the 360 version as well, but the PC version is like a totally game (superior). My 360 version didn't break down on me though.

@Zarx, it's hard to go into specifics, but according to Canyourunit.com my computer can run all the games I mentioned perfectly. I've disable my anti-virus and the Crysis error is the Sound pack is missing error x368. I have no clue about my specs except that I have 6 Gigs of Ram, 500 gig HDD, 3.2 something something processor and an ATI Radeon Graphics card.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:

Yes and it's a great game, which only makes the situation worse. I've got the 360 version as well, but the PC version is like a totally game (superior). My 360 version didn't break down on me though.

@Zarx, it's hard to go into specifics, but according to Canyourunit.com my computer can run all the games I mentioned perfectly. I've disable my anti-virus and the Crysis error is the Sound pack is missing error x368. I have no clue about my specs except that I have 6 Gigs of Ram, 500 gig HDD, 3.2 something something processor and an ATI Radeon Graphics card.

try http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm for the crysis issue, hopefully that will allow you to install it. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Doobie_wop said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:

Cool. Yes, Dark Messiah is a superb game. You gotta make the PC version work.

Around the Network

BTW why are you against using steam anyway? Oh and did turning off the UAC allow you to install Crysis?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Doobie_wop said:

I keep trying to get back into PC gaming, but every time I even try something stuffs up. I recently went on a PC run and bought Tomb Raider: Legend, Hitman: Blood Money, Bully: The Scholarship Edition and Medieval: Gold Edition. All the games worked well (all installed to my hard drive), but Bully is giving me problems. At first the game runs like crap, so I check the net and find out it needs a patch, I install the patch and the game now goes on a loading loop and it never changes.

Elements of Might & Magic was a great game and it did the exact same thing half way through, Crysis won't install because it's missing a sound pack and Resident Evil 4 (lol) doesn't have mouse compatibility and the patches don't work. I'm making an effort, but when only 5 out of 10 of my games work properly, it only pushes me away. Help me PC elites, how can I make PC gaming easier (without using Steam).

Why don't you play some PC games?

I hate pc, hate playing on pc, hate pc games)

Stay away from it people

Ziriuz said:

I hate pc, hate playing on pc, hate pc games)

Stay away from it people

what has this got to do with this thread? Maybe you should just stay away from it, just because you hate PCs doesn't mean other people should...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I don't like using steam cause I can get them cheaper on Ebay O_o at sometimes and I like the hard copies... just like I don't use itunes. I usually only use steam for when they have they're ridiculously good deals every once and a while.

But it's hard to diagnose... without a description of what you have for hardware and OS.
but as someone said if you're using 7 it has problems with older software