By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC gaming hates me and I'm starting to hate it back.

Doobie_wop said:
blunty51 said:

Your OS is probably due for an overhaul. When last you did a re-install?

My computers about 3 months old, I'm using Windows 7. How would I do an overhaul and what would that achieve?

Are you running the games in Windows XP compatibility mode. A lot of older games have issues with newer OS's.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

I wouldn't think any of the games the OP is having problems with would require XP compatibility mode. Aside from Medieval, the oldest is from 2006 or so.

As a number of others have said, without knowing your PC's specs, what version of drivers you're using and whether you're using the latest patches, it's pretty much impossible to say what's going on, aside from the vast majority don't seem to have had the same problems with the games you mention.

so OP have you given up or what? 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Doobie_wop said:

why do you hate me so much?

*cries in the corner to get attention*

@TheVoxelman on twitter

thelifatree said:

I don't like using steam cause I can get them cheaper on Ebay O_o at sometimes and I like the hard copies... just like I don't use itunes. I usually only use steam for when they have they're ridiculously good deals every once and a while.

But it's hard to diagnose... without a description of what you have for hardware and OS.
but as someone said if you're using 7 it has problems with older software

I don't buy on steam unless they have the great sales.... I like hard copies too....

that's why I register my games on my steam account.... to have the hard copy and the steam support. (oh yeah!)

edit: Heck I even bought L4D2 as a hard copy... a valve game =D

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
thelifatree said:

I don't like using steam cause I can get them cheaper on Ebay O_o at sometimes and I like the hard copies... just like I don't use itunes. I usually only use steam for when they have they're ridiculously good deals every once and a while.

But it's hard to diagnose... without a description of what you have for hardware and OS.
but as someone said if you're using 7 it has problems with older software

I don't buy on steam unless they have the great sales.... I like hard copies too....

that's why I register my games on my steam account.... to have the hard copy and the steam support. (oh yeah!)

edit: Heck I even bought L4D2 as a hard copy... a valve game =D

I prefer hard copies myself as well but steam sales are just so damn tempting.

@TheVoxelman on twitter