By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone remember Ape Escape?

Its on the psp

mM
Around the Network

I think I still have a copy lying around somewhere. First game to require the dual shock if memory serves me right.

Sadly I have not bought it on the psp, BEATS and ape escape should be coming out this week on the psp store. BEATS is the most innovative handheld game ever created.

mM

Most innovative handheld game ever created? Did you get that from a Sony press release??!?!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

leo-j said:
Sadly I have not bought it on the psp, BEATS and ape escape should be coming out this week on the psp store. BEATS is the most innovative handheld game ever created.

Boy did you set me up for a letdown.....I immediatly googled beats,and it looks pretty dry. I like the idea of unlimited replayibility. I dont like rythim games too much though (I do like DDR, and it is okay to laugh) but just pressing buttons to beats seems boring. I dont think it will do too well with the GH crowd cause it doesnt make you feel like a rockstar. Either way, I do hope it does ok sales cause it is a vast different game than a majority of PSP titles.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

The Ps1 original is the only one I've played; it was a fantastic game. One of the best platformers I've played.

Ape escape was so frekin awesome for the ps1. Unlockable weopons and gear, chasing monkeys around with a net. The only problem I had with that game was the controls reeked. It was harder to learn than Red Steel, but the payoff was well worth it.

I hated it the first time when I played it.

Serious I was so mad!!

It was a cold winterday close to Christmas and I got the game. I put the game into my PS ONE.

I start a new game and after watching the intro I want to walk but nothing happened...How hard I pressed on those cursors the character didn't moved.

I was so mad then I just had the PS One for a month or 4 and the controller was already broke..

I didn't touched my PS ONE for a whole week..Then I found out that you can't move the character with the cursors but only with the analog stick..

Oh man I was so dump then..

yeah

I played Ape Escape on PSP first, great game, i should have ebay my PSP already if not for it

Then i tried Ape Escape 2 on PS2, the game is fine but the 3D action got me dizzy, gave it up

Anyway i bought Ape Escape 3 too, it's simply one of the best game i've played (No Dizzy this time), their parody is funny
(Some of them are parody of japanese anime/movie, western gamers may not understand)

So i purchased Ape Espace 4:Million monkeys (The last PS2 game i bought), that truly disappointed me. Ape Escape game should be fun and entertaining
Ape Escape 4 is like Dynasty Monkey Warriors, all you need to do is kill kill kill.

I played Ape Escape racer on PSP too, garbage, rubbish, trash, crap.

And finally, i have played the new APE Escape game on PSP, not as impressed as the first one on PSP. And it makes me dizzy

konnichiwa said:
I hated it the first time when I played it.

Serious I was so mad!!

It was a cold winterday close to Christmas and I got the game. I put the game into my PS ONE.

I start a new game and after watching the intro I want to walk but nothing happened...How hard I pressed on those cursors the character didn't moved.

I was so mad then I just had the PS One for a month or 4 and the controller was already broke..

I didn't touched my PS ONE for a whole week..Then I found out that you can't move the character with the cursors but only with the analog stick..

Oh man I was so dump then..

You know, it really doesn't look good that you mispelled "dumb" in the last sentence of your post... Yeah...