By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Move question in relation to RE5.

I absolutely loved Resident Evil 4 on Wii and in fact its the only game that I've played through more than twice on this generation's set of games.

Additionally, I loathe, haven't gotten used to dual analog controls, so my experience with the demo of RE5 was just ok. Once I get a game that uses the dual anologue in a FPS manner, I'm sure I'll get better at it, but considering the PS3 is the first non Nintendo console I've owned in over 25 years, it takes a little learning curve.

On top of that, at this point I have zero interest in purchasing Move as my point of view is that it adds nothing to what I already have on Wii.

So, my question is two parts.

1. Is RE5Gold actually a good game as compared to the style of RE4?

2. Has anyone played it with Move and RE4 on Wii and do they play similar?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Around the Network

hopefully this helps

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/734381/resident-evil-5/videos/e310_re5_move_demo_061710.html

mM

Nice video,thx. I think that answers #2.

Now I need to really consider #1. I've read multiple people say its sooooo bad compared to RE4 yet it looks similar to me and when I played the demo, I only had issues with the controls.

superchunk said:

Nice video,thx. I think that answers #2.

Now I need to really consider #1. I've read multiple people say its sooooo bad compared to RE4 yet it looks similar to me and when I played the demo, I only had issues with the controls.

well idk how they got to play it since RE5 move edition comes out in mid September..

I recommend it.. based on what I'm seeing.. plus there are alternative control settings if you want a different control method with the motion controller.

Move has a lot of TPS, FPS, and many other genre's supporting it too..

mM

I really liked the demo but never got around to buying it.. can i use a DS3 controller for gold edition?

Around the Network

Resident Evil 5 was better than Resident Evil 4 (I played the Wii version of RE4) imo.

I did play RE5 in co-op though. That might have helped.

http://kotaku.com/5627529/playstation-podcast-i-like-to-move-it-move-it

live move podcast... he says how move is very different from the wii mote and kinect.. and perhaps superior..

and has a playstation 2 like launch line up..

mM

idk leo... from what I can see Move is questionable as a $150 item. (2player) So far RE5 is the only reason I'm even considering it and that's because RE5 was never put on Wii. If PS3 gets more FPS games that support it, I may just get it as dual anologue is the reason I don't own any shooter games on the PS3 yet.

leo-j said:

hopefully this helps

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/734381/resident-evil-5/videos/e310_re5_move_demo_061710.html

Did I just heard in this vid that they'll release a free update for RE5 ....?

Edit : Nevermind, just understood that it was for RE5 Gold

I disliked RE5. I never felt the atmosphere or story grab me, and I never felt scared or threatened at all. I'm an extremely buff guy who can punch a zombie 50 feet across a street.

Not once did it make me jump, make me freaked out or scared at all. This is coming from an extreme pansy when it comes to horror. To this day I am scared out of my pants every time I play RE1, and I am way too pansy to see scary movies. RE4 even gave me chills at certain points. But RE5 was a joke.

Atmosphere and mood have everything to do with my gaming experience when it comes to RE, and this game held none for me, so I very much regret buying it.

My copy has been sitting in the corner ever since I beat it, and I almost feel like offering to sell it to you for cheap.

EDIT: Ooops, I have the 360 version and you have a PS3. nevarmaind.