By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles II IGN Review!

IGN Ratings for Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP)
Rating Description
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
The story is easy to follow and get into, but it’s a bit too predictable. The hub world map makes getting around a breeze, but a little more explanation on the nitty gritty would be welcome.
8.5 Graphics
The cutscenes look great, but I wanted more. The majority of the game is told through static portraits and text boxes. Still, the game is packing that awesome watercolor vibe of the original.
8.0 Sound
I dug all the voices and music in Valkyria Chronicles, but again, I wanted more. Lots of those text boxes just have an introductory vocal that get’s repeated every conversation.
8.5 Gameplay
The battle system from the original has been shoved onto the PSP and feels great. Plotting where your troops should go and whom you should heal makes for good times.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
The story took me into the 40-hour territory, and then there were the missions I skipped and bought. Toss in the multiplayer stuff and chasing the best ranks, and I’ll be playing for a while.
OVERALL
Outstanding
(out of 10)

Out freakin standing! I have this baby Pre-Ordered. and YOU should too.

Source: http://psp.ign.com/articles/111/1116868p1.html

Around the Network

By IGN standards. It is just as good as the original. and everyone knows how damn good the first one was!

pre-order ages ago...now I just have to remember where I left my psp x_x

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Wagram said:

By IGN standards. It is just as good as the original. and everyone knows how damn good the first one was!

Everyone should buy it, but not because IGN thinks it is good, because you know it that it is good just by trusting the team behind it.

Acevil said:
Wagram said:

Everyone should buy it, but not because IGN thinks it is good, because you know it that it is good just by trusting the team behind it.

Valkyria Chronicles is one of my fav games this gen. I watched the Japanese anime. I really wish they localized that.

Around the Network

Hopefully it will have long legs. It might be more popular than the first in Europe.

Can't beat the smell of fresh soil!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

Can't beat the smell of fresh soil!

This!

Sweet!! PSP is having some excellent Games.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Boutros said:

Hopefully it will have long legs. It might be more popular than the first in Europe.

I wish I could say the same in the United States.  Sadly since it's on a portable it will probably be ignored and the fact that Halo Reach is coming soon after means this game is probably being sent out to die over here.  But I will do my part and buy it for whatever its worth.