By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When did the PS3 outsell the 360?

Because according to the VGChartz WW weekly totals, I can't find a single week since the summer, which was when the PS3 had its first price cut. I thought I recall there were two weeks recently where this occured; were the numbers adjusted?

Around the Network

hum, dont know
I will try to check

07/16/07
07/23/07
07/30/07
08/06/07

that is all, so after this summer it is never (correct me if I m wrong)

Time to Work !

never did last months? :D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The numbers must of been cause there was a lot of stuff about Ps3 outselling 360

libellule said:
hum, dont know
I will try to check

07/16/07
07/23/07
07/30/07
08/06/07

that is all, so after this summer it is never (correct me if I m wrong)

Yeah, that's all I could find as well. I should have been more specific with my title and said "when did the PS3 outsell the 360 recently". Because what I'm getting at is that I thought the PS3 had outsold the 360 for two weeks recently, but when looking at the weekly WW charts, it appears either this was misinformation that I read, or the numbers were adjusted (what I think happened). Anyone know?

Around the Network

i think it outsold for 1k about a couple of weeks ago but then got adjusted

In fact, I was surprised too when I have heard this recently.
But it may have been treu before ioi updated the numbers that put the PS3 behind, again.

but the only thing u have to keep in mind : the 2 consoles had similar sale rate during November.

Time to Work !

i think ioi adjusted the numbers after the microsoft press release

and will again adjust, when NPD data comes.
because x360 2:1 ps3 in november doesn`t seem to be true.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan,

do u expect the PS3 to do better than 2:1 ????

because, from my memory, NPD are quite bad for the PS3 and good for the Xbox360 ...

I m affraid to see 3:1 in November according to NPD

Time to Work !