By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect sales better than reported! VGChartz got it wrong?

http://www.videogamer.com/news/05-12-2007-7032.html

"Through official channels the current sales quantity (which I can't share, so don't ask) is considerably better," said Lee who added he's "not sure about vgchartz's methodology."

VG Chartz has shown itself to be consistently accurate when it comes to hardware sales, unfortunately software charting remains a bit inconsistent.  This is different than when NPD complains, this is a publisher. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Wow. This is a big name guy commenting on VGChartz. I find that much more interesting than VGChartz actually being slightly off in their numbers.

I wonder if ioi or whoever collects this information is working on getting more retailers involved in the sample.  I think it would make things more accurate.  Then again, I dont have much knowledge on the whole process.  It may not be that easy.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Rpg games don't have great starts ...
I think VGchartz is correct ..
maybe it will sell 750K this year and 1.2 million next year

500K in its first 2 weeks not that bad
if it FPS and as good as ME I think it well sell 2 million in the same time ..

yep 500k in two weeks is good.
Mass Effect is probably undertracked on this site so is more like on 650k

Around the Network

I noticed that news also, but what is official channels? Maybe he knows how much are shipped (e.g. sold for him). That could be a good ammount more than sold to customers.

I mean people here are doubting that Nintendo, Sony and MS do their own sold to customer tracking, why and where BioWare should be able to get accurate data?¿?

How could he get 1 week numbers?

More than likely, he is looking at what Bioware shipped, and is thinking "oh, that's lower than VGC numbers".

So what? VGC must be close enough to elicit a responce from Bioware....Otherwise, they wouldn't comment.

Either way, 500k+ in 2 weeks is good. Definately will hit 1m before the year is over, if not more.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

i think he is probably talking about shipped

Shame it did so poorly. The game is pretty good from what I've played so far.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

How is over 500k in two weeks selling poorly? Everything doesnt have to be compared to Halo3. Its still out tracking Oblivion which not only is still selling, but has sold over 2 million on the 360.