By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect sales better than reported! VGChartz got it wrong?

Yeah I posted this exact topic yesterday from the same guy and posted the source, which was from Bioware's forum.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11450#end

Around the Network
eugene said:
How is over 500k in two weeks selling poorly? Everything doesnt have to be compared to Halo3. Its still out tracking Oblivion which not only is still selling, but has sold over 2 million on the 360.

I thought we established that it only had 180k or so?

500k is good, then. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
eugene said:
How is over 500k in two weeks selling poorly? Everything doesnt have to be compared to Halo3. Its still out tracking Oblivion which not only is still selling, but has sold over 2 million on the 360.

I thought we established that it only had 180k or so?

500k is good, then.

It was changed to about 221k first week in america and it's 500k for the first two weeks worldwide which is very good.  Guitar Hero, Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's creed getting released back to back to back and selling a million so fast has set a lot of false expectations for other games like Mass Effect.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Although it won't have record sales it looks like a decent game and it would be a shame if it doesn't at least do a million sales.