By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is GOW3 the best looking ps3 game to date??

CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:

KZ2>U2>GOW3

KZ2>GOWIII? NO!

What??????????

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:

KZ2>U2>GOW3

KZ2>GOWIII? NO!

What??????????

Graphically, no way.

I think yes. But that's my opinion.  I have never seen a game with as much weapon detail as KZ2. That is a huge accomplishment in my opinion.

Lighting in KZ2 was better than GOW3 IMO. GOW3 just didn't impress me the same way as KZ2 or UC2. KZ looked so realistic and UC just looked so colourful haha :)

Odd how we all differ on what looks better. I can't decide between GOWIII and UC2, probably overall UC2 but GOWIII is running at a higher frame rate. Reason I'm saying it's odd is because I can't see why anyone would put KZ2 above UC2 and GOWIII but I guess whoever thinks that probably can't see why I have my preference the way I do.

GoW III wins over U2 in framerate alone for me, since it has a fixed camera compared to U2's freedom.

BTW Killzone 2 still wins in shaders and particles.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

GoW III wins over U2 in framerate alone for me, since it has a fixed camera compared to U2's freedom.

BTW Killzone 2 still wins in shaders and particles.

God of war doesn't have a fixed camera though...

JerCotter7 said:

Lighting in KZ2 was better than GOW3 IMO. GOW3 just didn't impress me the same way as KZ2 or UC2. KZ looked so realistic and UC just looked so colourful haha :)

Lighting in KZ2 is good but there are many instances when they use lens flares just to use lens flares. Doesn't make sense to have as many as they have in the game.

CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:

KZ2>U2>GOW3

KZ2>GOWIII? NO!

What??????????

Graphically, no way.

I think yes. But that's my opinion.  I have never seen a game with as much weapon detail as KZ2. That is a huge accomplishment in my opinion.

Weapon detail, sure. But lighting, textures, character models, picture quality, framerate all go to God of War III.

Overall though GOWIII had a few bad areas graphically while KZ2 was gorgeous the whole time. I guess what i am trying to say is that KZ2 is better because it came out first.

Lyrikalstylez said:

I'll admit Im a little biased toward 360, but I also have a ps3

and I've had GOW3 for months now and never played it, until now

I have to admit the graphics on this game kills anything on 360, But does it have the best?

I heard Uncharted2 has amazing graphics but which one takes the crown?

you heard? why do people own PS3 and don't play games like Uncharted 2? its truly mind boggling... get U2 and see for your self... its worth the money...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4