By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is GOW3 the best looking ps3 game to date??

I'll admit Im a little biased toward 360, but I also have a ps3

and I've had GOW3 for months now and never played it, until now

I have to admit the graphics on this game kills anything on 360, But does it have the best?

I heard Uncharted2 has amazing graphics but which one takes the crown?

Around the Network

I'll quote IGN because I totally agree

" It is at times the best-looking game ever, but not all assets were created equal. Still, you will be floored. "

The game has some weak backgrounds throughout it unlike Uncharted2 

Uncharted2 wins imo.

Its a great game, and if it gets patched into 3D I'll play it continuously until my eyes fall out of my face.

However there are a ton of other great looking games. Uncharted looks great, and at times does look better than SOME of the stuff in GOW3. Overall, I think the sheer 'epic scale' of GOW3 gives it the crown of Uncharted 2.

God of War III is easily the best looking PS3 game. Only Uncharted 2 comes close (at times it looks better, I'll admit).

But whats really impressive is that SCE Santa Monica managed to maintain a much larger sense of scale that Uncharted 2 throughout the game and still looked as good...if not better.

I've never seen anything as mindblowingly HUGE as those titans.

Its even more impressive considering its Santa Monica Studio's first PS3 game while UC2 is ND's 2nd. 

So yeah...it looks better, and the scale is fucking amazing. Better lighting, character models, animations, scale, and art style (though that depends on preference) than UC2. Motion blur is a huge plus too...However, the textures in KZ2 are still better than UC2 and GoW III imo.

I find KZ2 having the best graphics (in terms of realism) of course because its an FPS so you get to see the details a bit more close , but Uncharted 2 is more colorful and is more alive.

GoW3 doesn't have the best graphics there are parts where it looks pretty weird like flaming / Watery parts , i don't know why but those looked like they're made with crayon  but have that huge scale and best scenary.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
VXIII said:

I'll quote IGN because I totally agree

" It is at times the best-looking game ever, but not all assets were created equal. Still, you will be floored. "

The game has some weak backgrounds throughout it unlike Uncharted2 

Uncharted2 wins imo.

backgrounds are the last thing I'll call weak. When you're moving along the rope near the 2 judges, the background looks fucking amazing...

The weakest thing is the textures imo....

Severance said:

GoW3 doesn't have the best graphics there are parts where it looks pretty weird like flaming / Watery parts

What parts are you referring to dear sir ?

Personally, GoW3 didn't wow me. Uncharted 2 did a better job. Killzone 2 an even better job yet. But I think GT5 will soon be taking the crown; even GT5:P is pretty bloody amazing.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Severance said:

GoW3 doesn't have the best graphics there are parts where it looks pretty weird like flaming / Watery parts

What parts are you referring to dear sir ?

the one i remember and that its no big of a spoiler is poseidon , the water effects felt weird.

i don't know if its designed to be like that.

you know? i've spent most of the time staring at chloe's eyes during my whole Uncharted 2 game =/ (click the image)

They probably used half of the RAM memory just to make those.