By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE FIGHT - PSMove true 1:1

Acevil said:
naznatips said:

You're wrong, it's not 1:1. You do a hook then it does a hook. It doesn't do your hook. I've played it at both GDC and E3. Sorry to disappoint, but don't expect this to be something it's not.

Good job former overlord (wait do you still watch over us or not?), for ruining everyones hopes and dreams. 

I'm the Games Editor in Chief now. It's no longer my job to rule you, but now to inform you, even if that crushes your hopes and dreams.

I will say this isn't just Wii Sports boxing... but it's closer to that than 1:1. Everything is gesture activated rather than actually mimicked. As I said in my hook example above, it can tell you did a hook, but it's not matching your hook but doing one of its own. This is probably the reason for the input delay as well, which is extensive. Really what your motions are doing is no different than button inputs. It's like X Up Down Left Right in Street Fighter or something activating a move, but instead of hitting buttons you're making motions very similar to the moves with the controller.

May still be fun, but it's not a fighting trainer or a 1:1 simulator. That said, 1:1 can't really work anyway, because as people pointed out up above once you get hit the game can't keep matching your motions or it would just be ignoring your hits. There are other problems too, with depth and power of the blows, as well as angle and elevation. If you want to find out what it's like to box I'm afraid you still need to join a gym.

Around the Network

Nicely said, I was only joking about the hopes and dreams. The term 1:1 has been over used this generation, and will continue to be over used for awhile, but people will hope. 

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Looks pretty cool... This, Sorcery, LBP 2 and KZ3 makes Move tempting

you dont even have a ps3, sell your software! stop buying software and get a new one. you shoudnt even be thinking about games, its to tempting!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

naznatips said:

You're wrong, it's not 1:1. You do a hook then it does a hook. It doesn't do your hook. I've played it at both GDC and E3. Sorry to disappoint, but don't expect this to be something it's not.

When you check the video at 6:47 it seems to performs the same jab/hook etc the person is doing. My impression might be wrong but it seems to me its not always the same movements perform by the avatar for 1 move. It seems to hit at the same place and speed the player does, at least on this gamescon video. Though, my impression might be wrong.

naznatips said:
Acevil said:
naznatips said:

Good job former overlord (wait do you still watch over us or not?), for ruining everyones hopes and dreams. 

I'm the Games Editor in Chief now. It's no longer my job to rule you, but now to inform you, even if that crushes your hopes and dreams.

I will say this isn't just Wii Sports boxing... but it's closer to that than 1:1. Everything is gesture activated rather than actually mimicked. As I said in my hook example above, it can tell you did a hook, but it's not matching your hook but doing one of its own. This is probably the reason for the input delay as well, which is extensive. Really what your motions are doing is no different than button inputs. It's like X Up Down Left Right in Street Fighter or something activating a move, but instead of hitting buttons you're making motions very similar to the moves with the controller.

May still be fun, but it's not a fighting trainer or a 1:1 simulator. That said, 1:1 can't really work anyway, because as people pointed out up above once you get hit the game can't keep matching your motions or it would just be ignoring your hits. There are other problems too, with depth and power of the blows, as well as angle and elevation. If you want to find out what it's like to box I'm afraid you still need to join a gym.

The game is also still in development (60% complete from what i have heard) so they have time to make it closer to 1:1. Not saying it will be because i highly doubt that, just that what you got you hands on was also an unfinished product and might not reflect what it's like when completed.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Smidlee said:

There has to be times when it's not 1:1 tracking like when your character takes a hit.

Your right, near the end of the video, when the player is being hit some actions do not triggers.

And don't you think that's perfectly logical ?

If you're hit while attempting to launch a trick, you're stopped. Makes perfect sense to me

naznatips said:

Maybe that the code that was presented at Gamescom was not the same as GDC/E3 ?

Because that sequence at 6:47 look rather close to the player's gestures.

We'll see when the game launchs.

Sweep said:
Icyedge said:
Smidlee said:

There has to be times when it's not 1:1 tracking like when your character takes a hit.

Your right, near the end of the video, when the player is being hit some actions do not triggers.

And don't you think that's perfectly logical ?

If you're hit while attempting to launch a trick, you're stopped. Makes perfect sense to me

I agree, makes perfect sense, I wasnt trying to downgrade the game or anything.

Sweep said:
naznatips said:

Maybe that the code that was presented at Gamescom was not the same as GDC/E3 ?

Because that sequence at 6:47 look rather close to the player's gestures.

We'll see when the game launchs.

I thought the same, that part seems to be 1:1, very different from what I saw from the videos of E3 and GDC. Maybe just that part is actually 1:1? That wouldn't make any sense, though.

It is 1:1.  Or at least as close as you're going to get it.  Like others' have said, that part before the match is mimicking his motions, not activating pre-set motions depending on where his hands are.  Now in the fight it does start to become a little more hit or miss.  But, its only 60% done.  They still have a couple of months to fix all the tracking issues and/or bugs.  And something tells me Sony is going to make sure they do.  Not that they wouldn't on their own, of course.