By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Software Based PS3 Jailbreak?

sirvice said:

im just asking myself how long it would take to do a back up of a game? probably several hours.

I'd guess the average speed of a USB to external HDD transfer, so some 15-20 MB per second. Anyways, as long as it is less than a rental period...

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

What an epic fail scam...they're trying to sell these USB drives..

In the YT video, pause at 0:43 ... Uncharted 1's disk is there. But when the guy tries to load R&C:TOD, turn up the volume at 1:23, you can hear a disc coming out...they probably change Uncharted with Ratchet when the PS3 is not being filmed. 

Pause at 1:31, the Uncharted BD icon is missing ! 

Scammers are full of scam.

I don't hear anything that sounds like a disc coming out of a ps3

mr_capello said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

In the YT video, pause at 0:43 ... Uncharted 1's disk is there. But when the guy tries to load R&C:TOD, turn up the volume at 1:23, you can hear a disc coming out...they probably change Uncharted with Ratchet when the PS3 is not being filmed. 

Neither did I. Anyways they posted a second one where the PS3 is being filmed all the time and there's no breaks in the video. 

By the way, GodOfWar_3ever, you should not steal comments from YT without at least mentioning it.

A firmware will kill it. end of story

Note how they didn't actually show how to make a back-up of the game and put it on this USB dongle.

The second video is slightly more believable than the first, but I'm still not convinced.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
mr_capello said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Neither did I. Anyways they posted a second one where the PS3 is being filmed all the time and there's no breaks in the video. 

By the way, GodOfWar_3ever, you should not steal comments from YT without at least mentioning it.

Actually, I am Hydronator23456 on YT. That was my comment...I was introduced to that video by this thread, so I commented the same thing at both places

GodOfWar_3ever said:
haxxiy said:
mr_capello said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Actually, I am Hydronator23456 on YT. That was my comment...I was introduced to that video by this thread, so I commented the same thing at both places

Wow, for real? Haha sorry then.

I try to use the same username over most places I post (some of them have already been taken since this username itself was not coined by me in first place).

sirvice said:

im just asking myself how long it would take to do a back up of a game? probably several hours.

not much when its free

Cthulhu said:

A firmware will kill it. end of story

how?????????

many people don't go online,what about them?

and the hackers will come up with another thing as they have the SDK tools and other things now

Kantor said:

Note how they didn't actually show how to make a back-up of the game and put it on this USB dongle.

The second video is slightly more believable than the first, but I'm still not convinced.

they didn't put the game on USB dongle

the USB dongle was just for the custom software that lets your PS3 read it from your internal or external HDD

Well that sucks, what feature do you think Sony will take away to fix this one?