By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September, October, November are Stacked - What are the Casualties?

FlingSmash

Patapon 3

Vanquish

& Castlevania will be most likely among the main casualties no matter how good they will be.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network
Boutros said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Medal OF Honor will be the casualty.

I would expect MoH to sell around the same as Battlefield: BC2.

Same here.

PakChiuCheng said:

The only casualty will be our wallets and bank accounts.

That's why you get Gamefly.

Yeah these months are huge. If it wasn't for my birthday being in late October and getting games as Christmas gifts then my bank account would be taking an even bigger hit that it will anyways.

I'll be getting as many as 5 games in this period hopefully! Hot Pursuit, New Vegas, GT5, NHL 11 and Black Ops.

I think Pokepark, FlingSmash, and Samurai Warriors will all flop as far as Nintendo software. I think for Wii software Deca Sports 3, and NBA Jam will disipoint. I think Just Dance 2 and New Carnival games will both sell worse than their predecessors but still do well enough eventually.

I think on the HD consoles the big name games; GT5, Halo Reach, Fable 3, LBP 2, Black Ops, MOH, Assassin's Creed will all do very well. New IPS without massive marketing and less succesful franchises like Castlevania will struggle. I also thing Guitar Hero and Rock Band will continue to decline.

Around the Network

Sports champions will sell over 10million

Dance central will most likely sell 5 million

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Dead Rising 2.  I know I am a big original D.R. fan and I cancelled my pre-order because it's just too close to Halo for me to find the time.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

daveJ said:

Your wrong on both. Well, maybe wrong on Dance Central.

Move and Kinect won't break 5m individually.

Thus, Sport Champions can't break 5m and Dance Central probably won't either.

They are just too expensive for their target audience which is the casual base which already has a Wii. There is no reason to upgrade. However, I will give you that Dance Central could prove me wrong as it gives the impression as a superior dancing game than anything Wii offers.

superchunk said:
daveJ said:

You might hope for it but it does not make it so.

superchunk said:
daveJ said:

Your wrong on both. Well, maybe wrong on Dance Central.

Fair enough, you wont mind me putting your quote in my sig then [lol]

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales