By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo numbers up in Japan.

Why would it? All those prolouge games of GT sold very badly in Japan.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

it's a nice boost for nintendo. makes me happy to see it outselling ps3 again. go nintendo go!

i'd guess nintendo holds this bump for the rest of the year due to holidays and wii fit. with any luck it will stay up after the holidays as well. xD

RolStoppable said:
I think it's spelled Prologue.
You and, you over-inflated correct spelling. You should be banned imo. That would teach you not to mess with us, Poles .

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

RolStoppable said:
Wojtas said:
RolStoppable said:
I think it's spelled Prologue.
You and, you over-inflated correct spelling. You should be banned imo. That would teach you not to mess with us, Poles .

Look above your previous post, the correction wasn't solely for you. Notice that you were the third person in a row to misspell the name of the game. It's especially funny because everyone misspelled it differently.
Look, there he goes again, always trying to be smarter than me. Huh. I fart in your general direction.  (Ps, you do know that i was joking....do you???) 

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I really don't think the question going into late December and early 2008, is if the Wii sales can stay high. I have no doubts that I won't be the Wii we have to worry about staying up. Cause even when it did drop it still stated at about a 25-30k range. I think the question to really ask is will the PS3 stay up. Cuase it's only because of recent things that it got above a 20k mark. Meaning with all that gone it would drop back down to where it was, unless the new average stays. That's the better question to be asking. There is no need to worry about Wii.

As for GT5: Prologue giving it a boost. It should. Will we notice it? Probably not. Normally releasing big games in and around the holiday season doesn't improve sales, as the atmosphere around it will already be doing that which pretty much cancels it out, NOT DOUBLING it which I'm sure you'd love to think .

Around the Network

rol doesn't like it when people misspell words.
PS. if any mods see this post can you unban my okeydokey account. it wasn't me, I'm innocent dammit.

cookie said:
rol doesn't like it when people misspell words.
PS. if any mods see this post can you unban my okeydokey account. it wasn't me, I'm innocent dammit.

Send PMs to Stof/ioi regarding the matter.

@RolStoppable - Who said only germans are kind of 'übercorrect'? :)

Quality for Life

GhaudePhaede010 said:

I, for one, am glad to see the Nintendo numbers climbing again in Japan but I have one question:

Will they stay this way for the rest of the year, or is this just a bump from Wiifit?

I think they will its just software needs to be released more

I'm expecting Wii sales to get close to 100k (averaged) for the next month - PS3 will do about half of that.

So for December Japan (approx):

DS - 850k-1m
Wii - 400k-500k
360 - 250k-350k
PSP - 400k-500k
360 - ??? (50k?)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099